East Shore Marine - Long Island south shore

Notices

East Shore Marine - Long Island south shore

Old 04-22-2017, 06:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default East Shore Marine - Long Island south shore

Just want to say a big public thanks to these guys. They are the guys that regularly service my boat but this past week; they went above and beyond. This past Monday, my starboard engine stuck a valve and tagged a piston. By Tuesday, the problem had been diagnosed. By Wednesday morning, the engine was out of the boat. Wednesday night, the guy who runs the place and I stayed until almost 11:00 until the engine was completely stripped to transfer everything to a new long block. By Thursday, the engine was 90% complete pending some parts that were overnighted and due Friday morning. Parts came yesterday morning as planned and by 5:00 yesterday, the engine was assembled and being run on the floor. The engine was installed back in the boat last night and we took her for a test run this morning and everything running great.

Under other circumstances, this would have taken me out of an event next weekend that I've been looking forward to all winter, But they knew I had something important next weekend, so everyone did whatever was necessary to make this happen. And, in the heat of trying to get a lot of other customers boats out. Can't thank them enough. They really came through.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats great to hear Neil, hard to find people who understand how important it is to us to get things done when we need them done. Season is so short every minute counts.....
Also, best thing I ever did was buy the spare set of 575's....... if something does happen its so much easier to just drop one in and go......
Old 04-27-2017, 08:02 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
thats great to hear Neil, hard to find people who understand how important it is to us to get things done when we need them done. Season is so short every minute counts.....
Also, best thing I ever did was buy the spare set of 575's....... if something does happen its so much easier to just drop one in and go......
Well, now I have a spare long block that I'm going to rebuild to keep as a spare.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hyfive578
well, now i have a spare long block that i'm going to rebuild to keep as a spare.
nice !!!