Post on OPB titled "To all COPS members" >

Post on OPB titled "To all COPS members"

Notices

Post on OPB titled "To all COPS members"

Old 05-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post on OPB titled "To all COPS members"

Jack has taken it upon himself to once again spread lies in an attempt to discredit the board members. I usually prefer not to respond to his delusional posts but this particular post involves the whereabouts of some of the membership monies that have been collected. Therefore I thought it important to set the record straight.

During the Chicago Boat Show several memberships were paid in cash. Mark Smith converted this cash to a money order in the amount of 672.00 on January 26, 2005. This money order was given to Jack to take to Citibank to open a bank account in the club's name. This process took a great deal of time due to State filings, tax ID and Citibank's policies. On March 8, 2005 a majority of the board decided to open an account at another bank. I opened the account at Bank One on that same day and informed Citibank we would no longer be needing their services. Bonnie at Citibank informed me that she would be sending the check to me. Instead Jack picked up the check and has been holding it ever since. Here are the posts from the director's section:

03-22-2005, 02:27 PM
offshore
Administrator Join Date: Apr 2004

Steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I picked up the check from the bank and will mail it out to you asap

offshore
View Public Profile
Send a private message to offshore
Send email to offshore
Find all posts by offshore
Add offshore to Your Buddy List

#2 03-22-2005, 02:51 PM
Donzi38ZX
Member Join Date: Apr 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore
I picked up the check from the bank and will mail it out to you asap

OK, Bonnie had indicated when I spoke to her yesterday that she would overnight it for today's delivery. Could have saved you the trouble. We are not strapped for cash so regular mail is fine.

Donzi38ZX
Old 05-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Registered

Default Re: Post on OPB titled "To all COPS members"

We have since made attempt's to have this check returned to us without success. These attempts have included contacting Jack's attorney. As of today the check has not been cashed, for Jack to do so would be treated as a criminal act as he has no authority to these funds.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 05-03-2005, 09:25 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

o.k. when will it end????
Old 05-04-2005, 12:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik
Soon I hope. Unfortunately this is an example of what the board has had to endure as of late. I'll be happy when summer arrives and we can put this stuff behind us.
Dan
Old 05-04-2005, 12:27 AM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

If he didn't cash the check the why does he say he will return the money to the members if they send him a PM. So what is the resolution ? If you know what members paid at the show have them give it a try and see what happens. If he doesn't keep his word it will just fall back on him again.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If he hasn't cashed it, he should post a copy of the money order on his site. I am assuming that some of it is for clothing as well as memberships. Have the members that paid in cash been contacted, do they know that Jack is holding their money hostage? Doug's idea is good but only if he is able to cash it, if so it would be a lot more work for him to dole out all the individual checks and mail them to the individuals. Plus if some of these people have accepted the CPC membership package (shirts, hats etc) then I would venture to say it is not their money any longer it is the clubs. I do not read OPB and I doubt that everyone that has their membership money tied up does as well. My idea would be to contact those individuals with the low down and give them Jacks email address so they can forward him their intentions. I did not know this was going on and I will be happy to see it resolved, the club is new and has a lot of expenses ahead of it so $672.00 is nothing to sneeze at. Bob I know this stuff is unpleasant, but this is our club forum to discuss club issues.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 05-04-2005 at 05:38 AM.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:21 AM
Registered

Hi Donna, and All

You might have the wrong idea. Jack does not have individual checks from members he has one of the clubs checks that was a culmination of membership funds. He does not have the authority to cash the check and any attempt to do so would be fraudulent the actual monies involved are not at risk bar the funds that it will take to clear this up. However they are tied up and unavailable for use. I can not believe his thread, Jack should truly be ashamed to manufacture such B.S.. However substantial $672.00 is we would protect the members monies down to the last cent as we do with all club transactions.

As Steve said we do not engage in petty word fights with Jack and tend to ignore all ramblings but this accusation deserved a response as all members were involved by his comments.

Russ
Old 05-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik

Bob I personally apologize to you for any unfortunate missgivings of the formation of C.P.C.. I know nobody including the board members wants to hear any of this stuff. Unfortunate when somebody makes a statement that affects or involves any or all of our club members we must respond and let the truth be known.

Again Bob and all Members I apologize for having to bring posts of this nature to your attention.

Russ
Old 05-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Registered

I can't believe that anyone would even consider that JACK might not be telling the truth , he is an upstanding citizen and would never try to get over on anyone for anything. :bunny Well at least we won't see him out on the lake considering his boat isn't all it's CRACKED UP to be. We all support our board and are willing to help or hang on till things are right and well.

Quick Reply: Post on OPB titled "To all COPS members"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.