Hammond Marina Closed for 2007 boating season >

Hammond Marina Closed for 2007 boating season

Notices

Hammond Marina Closed for 2007 boating season

Old 02-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Hammond Marina Closed for 2007 boating season

Well...let's see. Since we're gonna be trailer boaters next year anyway, I'll be driving right through the lovely state of Indiana on my way to Michigan, where I'll spend my boating dollars. As for the "tax"...don't you just have to prove you've taken the boat out of Indiana w/in those 21 days? As I recall, you just need a gas receipt or something from another state?

Also, when they come to check this out, they'd need see reg numbers. Well, when my boat's on the hoist and the covers on, they'd have to go peeking in order to see them. I don't think I'd like them touching my stuff...maybe there'd be some damage I "find" and a subsequent lawsuit...?
Old 02-17-2006, 04:32 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

If that would work I'm sure you could find enough Michigan boaters to save there receipts and pass them around. I'll probably be putting in at St Joe the first time out, just send me your credit card Mike and I'll fill the Gun up and save the receipt for you for proof you were out of the state.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doug
If that would work I'm sure you could find enough Michigan boaters to save there receipts and pass them around. I'll probably be putting in at St Joe the first time out, just send me your credit card Mike and I'll fill the Gun up and save the receipt for you for proof you were out of the state.

You are soooo generous Doug. Thanks for helping me out on that one! Heck, I'll send ya two cards in case you were to max one of them out, you'd have a backup. You just be sure and send me those receipts when you're done!
Old 02-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

So what if your boat is coast guard documented, and you just call the coasties and tell them you are changing the home port to "hammond, IN". What a crock.

I know its a crappy ride down the river thru the locks, but any of you hammond guys ever thought about coming downtown and doing the in and out service? I wouldnt mind the idling down the river to the locks if we had a nice convoy of offshore boats heading out every sat morn.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My boat is CG documented, but I still have to buy a state sticker. That's where they get my $200 every year. It's the regestration numbers and sales tax I save.