Notices

Engine rebuilders

Old 02-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Engine rebuilders

Geez Brad, quit posting so much and get your engines done! We've got to get to LOTO, dude!

Mike
Old 02-24-2006, 04:32 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Dave Wesseldyk all the way. Kaama introduced me to Dave and right away I was impressed with his knowledge and the way he is so picky to detail. Dave rebuilt one of my 580 cid Donovan's after I lost a rod and has helped me work the kinks out of an oil pressure issue I had found after I purchased my Top Gun. Before anyone makes a move to have there motors or any rigging done please make the trip and check out Dave's shop and talk to him.
His hours are 9-9 seven days a week, lunch from 12-1. If you have any question give me a call 765-506-0672. Here is a link from Mark Smith about Dave. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=115806

Dave Wesseldyk
6742 18th Ave
Jenison, Mi 49428
616-662-2250
Old 02-24-2006, 08:48 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doug, I think you are wrong about Dave's hours. I spoke to him a few times in the last few weeks, and he's at the shop at 7 am except on sunday. That's his day to sleep in, he gets there at 9am.

BTW, after being a performance engine builder for the last 30 some years, there are'nt very many people that can impress me with their knowledge. I DO have to admit, that Dave has impressed me more than anyone I've met. AND, I've been at the shops of Gary Dyer back when he ran top fuel and pro stock. Austin Coil, when he crew chiefed the Chi-Town Hustler, and even when he went to work for John Force out in Ca. These are some of the guys that I learned from by being at their shops 5-6 days a week.
I have to admit, I've been taught by some of the best engine builders, and even to this day, if I have a question about anything, I can still call one of them for an honest answer.

All I can say is that Dave is just amazing!!! I would consider him one of the VERY best engine builders anywhere. There's no limit to what he can do. If he can't do it, it can't be done anywhere. PERIOD.

Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 02-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!

I am not claiming to know much about anything. In fact, I think I am a member of the SBRT team(small bus retard. team). I have wasted alot of time and money doing the wrong things and I am done. I have turned over my boat to the master at WESCO. What would take me an entire day rebuilding my Arneson drives would take Dave a few hours. I was in process of purchasing Sterling Engines when they said that they do not rigg engines into boats. Daves engines and components are almost identical to Sterlings. Dave does it all.

Mark
Old 03-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I'm sure everyone has their favorite. Mine is Dave Wesseldyk (WESCO). He is an extremely gifted and talented engine builder/fabricator/craftsman/rigger/designer/machinist/welder. He's very detailed oriented, and can make or fix just about anything you want. Not only that, he is very honest, and straight forward----and he's not into BSing people. He's also very easy to work with. I am very happy with the 565's he built for me.

Just as a cool point of interest, Dave does all the crank welding repairs for Oliver when needed.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Registered

Dave at Wesco has never advertised anywhere as far as I know and doesn't need to.
I had the good fortune to meet him a few years ago when Dyno took me to Dave's shop. I can honestly say Dave has been a big help to me and has always been very open to sharing his knowledge with me, even though I don't spend a lot of money with him.
He was willing to dyno my engines for me a few years ago, both before and after I freshened them up. Along with the dyno work he was quick to suggest changes that he thought might work well with my boat/engine package.
He's also quick to let me know if I'm doing something stupid. It seems he doesn't have much use for stupid people so I try to keep that to a minimum.
One more thing; I'm proud to be able to call him my friend.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Registered

Bam -

shoot me your email address since you don't take PMs. I'll post on here once I can, but for now its fairly low-key.

Thanks

[email protected]
Old 03-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Ask Mark Smith for a reference
Mine run great.

Last edited by Payton; 03-03-2006 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Registered

Dean Gellner engineering give him a call you will be happy.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Bam,

Have you made any decisions as to which engine builder's shop you're taking your Merc 525's yet?

Quick Reply: Engine rebuilders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.