Notices

New Cig in Chicago

Old 05-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Cig in Chicago

Well I purchased it last Nov and had some things done to it over the winter but it finally made it up to Chicago late Saturday night and was launched on Sunday and is on a can in Monroe Harbor. Its a 1990 Top Gun with 454/420 rebuilds with less than 15hrs...and yes unfortunately has TRS drives but they have been rebuilt too.

Still needs some work in the cockpit/dash (new gauges) but I can do that over time. I'm just looking forward to running with anyone on lake Michigan and enjoying the summer. I also will be looking for some help along the way because I am by no means a gear head and unfortunately the boat came with no manuals to tell what the hell everything is but I'm a quick learner and hopefully you guys can help me out when needed.

I haven't officially became a member yet but I plan on do the membership app and fee this week. Look forward to meeting some of you guys in the near future. And no I was not hauling it with my Escalade as it might look in the pic
Attached Thumbnails New Cig in Chicago-my-cigarette-top-gun-001.jpg   New Cig in Chicago-my-cigarette-top-gun-002.jpg  
Old 05-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: New Cig in Chicago

Nice looking gun.
You need to join the Chicago Powerboat Club.

Stop by Hammond Marina's T dock. We have over 15 offshore boats between Tdock and V-Dock. Ranging from a 27 Power quest to a 41 Apache.

Don't be afraid of the TRS's with 420 HP they will hold up just fine. There is always the Konrad Conversion also.

Most of us in Hammond do all our own work so we can give you some pointers if you need.

I also have a brother that does boat maintenance in the Chicago harbors. He has lots of connection on the High Performance side of things and he is a Konrad Dealer.

Good luck with the new ride and we will see you on the lake.

Mark
Old 05-23-2006, 12:45 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Awsome, another Cig to beat up on the lake...just kidding stop by Hammond we always welcome new folks...I was one just a few years ago....BZ V-13

p.s if they let me in they will let anybody in...LOL
Old 05-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Great looking boat! I bet that thing will crush the waves on Lake Michigan.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Registered

Thanks.....i'm looking forward to heading out today as soon as I can.

I work in the city, live off lakeshore drive and have a pretty flexible schedule so let me know whenever you're heading out because if i'm not out there already I could be within 30 minutes.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:24 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice, Can't wait to see her up close. Definitely going to need a wide angle lens if we ever get all the Cig's together for a group shot.

And watch out for that Hammond bunch.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Ahem. I guess I'm just boat number 16 over on lonely old N dock in Hammond! Awesome boat, Kool-Aid, look forward to seeing you out on the lake...hopefully we'll be out this weekend in your neck of the woods. Just look for RED. Or maybe white, as I will be stealing Bob's new 42 with Dan on Saturday morning while he works .
Old 05-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Ahem. I guess I'm just boat number 16 over on lonely old N dock in Hammond! Awesome boat, Kool-Aid, look forward to seeing you out on the lake...hopefully we'll be out this weekend in your neck of the woods. Just look for RED. Or maybe white, as I will be stealing Bob's new 42 with Dan on Saturday morning while he works .
Sorry Mike. You really need to move to T-Dock so we can keep an eye on you. You know T1 is open I believe.

Mark
Old 05-23-2006, 09:18 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new Gun. Looks great! I'll look for you out on the lake this summer. We keep our Super Hawaii over in Portage , IN.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:10 AM
Registered

Congratulations! Nice looking Gun! Look forward to seeing it on the water.
Dan

Quick Reply: New Cig in Chicago

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.