Notices

Hey KoolAid Man

Old 05-30-2006, 07:58 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hey KoolAid Man

Brian, Nice getting to meet you and the crew out on the lake saturday. Nice lookin boat. I had a few friends of ours call us on the phone while we were in the playpen, as they were driving down lake shore drive to tell us about the neat new Cig that was on the lakefront. It was your boat. They said it looked pretty cool from the drive as they went by.

I seen you out on sunday, Did you get that problem resolved? If you have any questions about it, you can always give me a call, and I'll try to help ya out.

Frank.........cell # 708-870-2572.....home # 708-579-5434
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 05-30-2006, 08:06 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Hey KoolAid Man

Hey Brian,
Nice meeting you on Sunday. Your boat does look great. Sorry about your trans problem. Hopefully you can get it fixed quickly. I know someone who may have a trans I will see if he still has it. I know Frank can set you up with a place to get the motor pulled I also have a few places you can take it.

Frank,
Saw your boat on Sunday but didn't see you. Were you down in the cabin taking a nap. Boat looked great.
Got you message yesterday. We will see if we can make it.

Mark
Old 05-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to meet you guys too and you have no idea how much I appreciate the help here. If you could see about the trans that would be great...I also saw one for sale on OSO if he doesn't have it.....also good to knowFrank has a guy that can pull the motor if/when the time comes!!

To give you all a quick brief on what happened..Sat morning I took it out for a spin not really getting on it....that engine over spun a bit on the first hole shot even though I was taking it easy (but it was a little different than earlier that week). after a brief cruise I hit the play pen and started to cruise just a little over idle around Navy pier and when I tried to plane it up to shoot over the Monroe that's when I notices something was wrong. My warning light kicked on so I shut the engine down and popped the hatch.

As I looked at the engine there was a little smoke coming from around the bell housing but initially I saw that the dip stick had pop up and that some oil (which you could see) leaked around on the manefold and that where the smoke was coming from.

Well as I continued to investigate later in the day I looked farther back and the reason smoke was coming from there was the the plastic round seal on the top of the bell housing unit blew off and I could look straight down and see the fly wheel. Know that being said I still don't know what's wrong and need to figure that out. I was in the water trying to spin the prop and that was no easy task. What I do know is that the motor is fine but regardless which way I shift the Tranny it will not engage.. So if anyone could give me thier thoughts on what is wrong or who I could take it to and get that part figured out I would appreciate it.

FYI: Everyone I met was great and I'm really looking forward to boating with as soon as I get this damn thing fixed!!! Thanks Again
Old 05-30-2006, 10:09 AM
Registered

If you want to give me a call my cell # is 312-933-3298
Old 05-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Registered

Also Frank said it could be the Coupler so as I said before what do think is the best approach to figure out what is wrong..which includes finding someone that can figure it out for me
Old 05-30-2006, 12:04 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Frank is a great source for help if not there is a guy here in Lockport who may be able to help...BZ

p.s. nice looking boat
Old 05-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Registered

BZ

The guy in Lockport...does this guy do it full time out of a shop or on the side? The reason I ask is because when I pull the boat out of the water I will put it in my cousin's Crane yard which is right off Route 83 just north of Archer which is obviously 5 mins from Lockport.

But like you said if Frank is a great resource and what I really need to does is figure out what is exactly wrong.

By the way I did have some Bud Lights in the Kooler for ya...guess it will have to be next time.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey KOOL-AID , sorry couldn't resist, do you have the big trans or the small one I think dad has an extra old one that might be good. He is in Frankfort and if you catch him on a good day he might just get rid of it cheap. If you want give me a ring , we might even be able to arannge the swap. Brian 708 751 8591.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Registered

Thanks I might take you up on that....want to make sure that's the problem first before I start shelling out the $$$$$$
Old 05-30-2006, 05:38 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian, the 1st thing you need to do is check the trans fluid. To do this, you need to get to the left side of the trans, just behind a small brass tag that's rivited to the top left side of the trans, and you'll see a T type lookin thing sticking up. That's the dip stick tube, give it about 2-3 turns counter clockwise, it'll have a rubber bushing just below it, and after you loosen it a few turns you'll be able to pull it straight up. That's how you check you're trans fluid. There'll be a measured rod attached to that "T" that you see the fluid level. The fluid should be "red" not brown and smelling like it's burnt. Also check to see if there's any metallac lookin stuff in the fluid. If there is, then you've probably found the problem. Sometimes on some of the older trannys, instead of that "T" lookin thing, there's a threaded plug, that has a square top on it, kinda looks like a brass bilge plug. If that's what you have, then you'll need a 9/16's open end, and you'll have to unthread it out of the hole. That was the older way of having a dip tube, but most of the time when the trannys come out, they convert them over to the newer style with the "T" top.

Good luck...........Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Last edited by 10x; 05-30-2006 at 05:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Hey KoolAid Man

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.