A Headsup to any Chicagoans doing concrete work >

A Headsup to any Chicagoans doing concrete work

Notices

A Headsup to any Chicagoans doing concrete work

Old 08-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A Headsup to any Chicagoans doing concrete work

Wally problem is you are too efficient. I've been in my house 12 years and I learned a while ago it never ends. So you just have to drag each project out a few years to keep it from interfering with the boat funds. If anyone on here lets my wife in on this secret I'll put her scorn right back at ya

BTW I'm mixed on the fiber mesh thing as well, all testing say it by far a stronger product but who knows in real applications. Could do like some of the guys at the plant, use both Anyone want to park their tank.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZX
Wally problem is you are too efficient. I've been in my house 12 years and I learned a while ago it never ends. So you just have to drag each project out a few years to keep it from interfering with the boat funds. If anyone on here lets my wife in on this secret I'll put her scorn right back at ya

BTW I'm mixed on the fiber mesh thing as well, all testing say it by far a stronger product but who knows in real applications. Could do like some of the guys at the plant, use both Anyone want to park their tank.

Oh ya Steve have you finished that shelf in the pool room yet. You know winter is almost here that means more pool playing.

Mark
Old 08-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Registered

the one pic is just cracks in the sealer. i think it is from putting it on too thick. the big cracks are normal just be happy they are in the joints. the fibers will eventually wear off. the plastic marks should bleach out in a year but the wavy joints just suck. my 4 year old could do better. it looks like a hack job to me. you should be estatic that they even came back
Old 08-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by flatlander
the one pic is just cracks in the sealer
Sealer?!?! Theres supposed to be sealer? not on this job!!! Atleast not yet....i an looking into them to see if i can get something that may be able to stain the driveway a uniform color and hide the discoloration...

the big cracks are normal just be happy they are in the joints.
Cracks in the joints.....sure i'm ok with them...just not less then 2 months after the job for them to happen when the first attempt they never showed up.....

the fibers will eventually wear off.
Fibers i'm not too worried about...looks kinds dirty in a way but i can live with that knowing they will wear off...

the plastic marks should bleach out in a year
Plastic marks? Not sure what you mean by that....from what three different other concrete guys that ive had look at this thay all tell me its from the two different batches of concrete trying to be blended together and one batch allready kicking off while the other being still wet and the aluminum trowels they used discolored it from the rubbing back and fourth....

it looks like a hack job to me. you should be estatic that they even came back
Yup...it could have been worse so i have to look at the bright side of things....just sucks to have a pissed off wife being reminded of this hack job everyday when she comes home and drives over this going into thte house....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Well.....atleast i found a great landscaper!! if anyone on the north side of chicago needs a good guy let me know and i'll pass the info along to ya. Heres some before and after shots....and they even redid my hodge-podge job of a patio i tried to expand myself! ( i dont have and before pics of the patio so you only get to see the finnished product )
Attached Thumbnails A Headsup to any Chicagoans doing concrete work-picture-281.jpg   A Headsup to any Chicagoans doing concrete work-picture-285.jpg  

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

little different angle
Attached Thumbnails A Headsup to any Chicagoans doing concrete work-picture-280.jpg   A Headsup to any Chicagoans doing concrete work-picture-286.jpg  

Old 08-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

and the expanded and leveled patio....ahhh....now i can relax and build my pond project
Attached Thumbnails A Headsup to any Chicagoans doing concrete work-picture-287.jpg  

Old 08-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Registered

looks great!