Notices

Chicago dock/hotel reco's

Old 08-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicago dock/hotel reco's

Couple of us heading up from the Cincy area and wondered about reco's for a good marina/hotel. Prefer something with some nightlife close by. Appreciate any input.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Registered

Default Re: Chicago dock/hotel reco's

Diversy.

10x can set you up.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:58 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What days?
Are you bringing a boat?
Do you need a slip?
How long's the boat?

Diversy harbor is the one to be in, and a 5 minute ride from all the downtown nightlife. The owner of Crowbars nightclub has his 2 boats on G-dock, a few down from where I keep mine on the weekends. If you call the harbor, they'll probably tell you everything's filled up. If you really need a slip, I'll talk to the right guys down there, and you'll have one.

As for a hotel, that I don't know what to tell you. There's a Days Inn right on Lake Shore drive overlooking the beach and lake, and it's a 2-3 minute cab ride from all the good bars.

Maybe someone else here can chime in and come up with some decent places to stay. I've never stayed downtown, so I don't know what to tell ya.

Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 08-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Were bringing our Gladiator and a Sonic. Coming up on Sept 15/16th leaving on the 17th. Do you have a contact number for the marina so we can get it hooked-up?

Appreciate the input... hotels as long as they are clean and safe... doesn't have to be 5 star.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

10X appreciate the hook up with the slips! If your going to be down maybe we can do a little running with you
Old 08-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Opps wrong dates the 8/9th leaving the 10th...
Old 08-24-2006, 12:38 AM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Dano, not sure how your coming up from Cincy but I would put in a Pastrick Marina http://www.in.gov/dnr/boating/pastrick.html or Hammond Marina http://www.in.gov/dnr/boating/hammond.html and it's about 18-20 miles north up to Chicago. Watch out at Hammond Marina, most of the go fast boats are on T-dock and that bunch is pretty crazy after the sun goes down. Nothing better than to head up from there and see the skyline keep getting bigger and bigger. We have stayed at Divercy a bunch and it is very nice. Betty and I take the cab to town to eat and shop. 10x will set you right up. Finding the entrance to the marina is a little tricky the first time but not bad.
Have Fun, Doug
What happened to your T/G ?
Old 08-24-2006, 01:31 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dano
Opps wrong dates the 8/9th leaving the 10th...
2 slips? That can be arranged. just pm me and I'll get you set up with the proper contacts.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 08-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Doug,
The T/G is in Florida part of the National marine fiasco. We got the Gladiator from Phil earlier this year. We actually like it better.

Thanks for the links, I'm assuming trailering isn't all that much fun into town? We are planning on heading out around 8am Friday which should put us in town around 1ish.

10X,
Yes 2 slips I'll send you a PM.

This is the latest boat (pic via LS Jr. I think that boy has a pic of every Cig made )
Attached Thumbnails Chicago dock/hotel reco's-gladiator11.jpg  
Old 08-24-2006, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will chime in, Doug is right on, much easier and quicker to go by boat from Pastrick or Hammond. That Chicago traffic is a bear to drive in, especially if you are pulling a boat and not exactly sure where you are going. If I am not mistaken Frank would know, you might not be able to pull a boat on some the roads around downtown. Diversay is on the north side of Downtown almost to Lincoln Park so you will want to grab a cab to go downtown. The Lakefront area by the marina is beautiful, so if you are into walking or rollerblading there is a real nice path that winds along Lake MI, on a sunny day it is a beautiful site. Be sure to have your camera handy when you arrive by boat because it would be cool to get some shots of your boats with the Chicago Skyline behind it. Something to try while you are there is to motor down the river, you have to enter through the locks which is by Navy Pier. You will mostly be at idel but nice for site seeing. Just be careful when you go under a bridge, don't let any tour buses dump anything on you Have fun, this is our first year we missed boating in Chitown

Quick Reply: Chicago dock/hotel reco's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.