Notices

South Haven this weekend

Old 07-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South Haven this weekend

Who will be in South Haven this coming weekend, July 13? I got a call from Quiet Storm that some people might be spending the weekend there.
I'm not sure what we're doing because of last friday's knee surgery but we might be able to get there, if only by car and crutches.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Dave I owe you a call. We will have at least 3 maybe 4 boats up there on Friday. There will be a bunch of others driving up an spending the weekend.

How is the ramp in South Haven? and can we leave the trucks and trailers there for a few days?

I'll try and call you tonight

Mark
Old 07-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Mark
BZ and I both launched there this year without a problem...you guys should be fine. Take a wide turn when you are going into the launch ramp area (it'll be a left)...if you don't you may take out the auto-pay booth at the entrance.

We'll be at Boater's Beach, staying overnight in Michigan City or New Buffalo if you guys want to make a day trip down there.

mike
Old 07-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Mark
BZ and I both launched there this year without a problem...you guys should be fine. Take a wide turn when you are going into the launch ramp area (it'll be a left)...if you don't you may take out the auto-pay booth at the entrance.

We'll be at Boater's Beach, staying overnight in Michigan City or New Buffalo if you guys want to make a day trip down there.

mike
Mike Hollar at me I be down all weekend. MC fireworks are on Sunday night. I am taking Monday off work.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish we could hang but we popped the stbd motor last week, its out and at Borowski's lets see if they can do another under 10 day turn agian. If so we'll be ready for the poker run. Any how I'll be doing my security duties all weekend for the miss nude america paget at camp....
Old 07-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Registered

I launched there last year with no problems. You can park in the ramp lot or across the street from the ramp.
When you start idling toward the marina keep your eye out for an older 30 Sea Ray named "BEETLE BAILEY". Its moored on the south side of the river about ten slips upriver from the drawbridge.
It's one of our previous boats. Quiet Storm remembers the boat.
I doubt if I'll be any shape to ride the Harley this weekend but maybe Barb can ride her Sportster and I'll drive.

Last edited by Crazyhorse; 07-09-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Mike Hollar at me I be down all weekend. MC fireworks are on Sunday night. I am taking Monday off work.
Andy-
What's wrong with the ramp at the ditch? Michelle and I looked at it earlier this year and it looked alright... I'm thinking that's where we need to launch this weekend. Where are you putting in? We should overnight in the same place on Sat if possible.

Can't wait to hit the warm water!

mike
Old 07-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yea, I remember Beetle Bailey. Some fun loving people own it now. They do have some issues with docking.

Ryan and I will have our bikes this weekend. We have our new helmets, to please the local law enforcement agencies, all shined up. Looking forward to getting back up there. It sounds like the weather is going to be nice.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Andy-
What's wrong with the ramp at the ditch? Michelle and I looked at it earlier this year and it looked alright... I'm thinking that's where we need to launch this weekend. Where are you putting in? We should overnight in the same place on Sat if possible.

Can't wait to hit the warm water!

mike
Its very uneven and has a few holes, that doynings, the ramp at Portage is good but it fills up fast. Doynes has one decent ramp on the far left side of the it you are looking down at the ramp. Payton can fill in more details, he launches there all the time.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Registered

Forcast is not looking good. Supposed to be North winds cool and rough.

Quick Reply: South Haven this weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.