Notices

08/04

Old 08-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just talked to my uncle (C.P.D. marine unit) and he said some big-wig city officials came by H.Q. yesterday, looking for a reason to stop the party. The city is concerned with the growing popularity of the party, commenting it is getting out of hand. (lol) My uncle and others informed them, there is nothing illegal about it, no law against rafting off, or alcohol (just as long as us captains keep it cool) and the party will commence. Either way, this may be the last year for it.

I wouldn't mind starting a tie up right behind the main raft, for us offshores. that way we can do our own thing, but still be in the center of the action. It gets crowded early out there, so we would have to be punctual to do that, otherwise, i'm just getting in the middle of the action and parkin.

Last edited by la-zdunck; 08-01-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I really wonder how long the CPD will put up with their own version of Party Cove! Last year they were at least sated every time they came near my boat as Straight Jacket's woman kept flashing them.

Be careful out there, kids.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even one row off the main raft is nuts, I know we would rather be a lil further back so we can break off and go for a ride . Sitting all day amongst the amature boaters that borrowed a boat and then procede to drink is a lil out of my patiance level.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Im all for rafting off together as a group. My vote is that we all get together in the morning whether it be at burnam, diversey, whatever, and we all tie up our boats together at one time in the playpen. Even if we tied up in the main raft up, at least we would be away from the club heads and ametures, but still have a front row seat for the party as long as we stay together as a group. If we come in staggering, someone is going to end up tied to a 56ft sea ray on one side, and a 19ft bowrider on the other side.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zanie
I'm on the fence weather I'm coming down. I've got a prior commitment in the afternoon.
I get this weird feeling that it might be hard to leave the party early!!

What time will you be rolling out of Burnham harbor?

Zanie, Me and La-zdunck will probably go in friday night or early sat morning at burnham. If you planned on coming down sat morning, we could be there if you need a hand launching. It would be nice to do a little run before and after the party.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could do that.
What time would I need to be at Burnham by?
How crowded was the launch ramp for last years?
I'm guessing burnham will be less zoo-like than diversy for this, because of the distance to the play pen.

Last edited by Zanie; 08-02-2007 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kool Aid is in Monroe, and I have an early morning appt. so we will be out by noon easy. I have a buddy that is a photogragher that might come along and take photos so I can make a disk for everyone and Candyman to post on the club sight.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered

Hopefully burnham wont be too crowded. Id get there as early as possible, to avoid amature hour. Im gonna try to get out of work early and gt the boat in friday night, but we'll see how that goes. If not, gonna be there around 9am sat.

Zanie, my cell is 312-907-9335. If you are coming down and need help launching or parking your rig, call me ill be around. Joe
Old 08-02-2007, 09:27 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just got back from the play pen the water is nice and warm.....now to keep the rain away on Saturday......BZ
Old 08-02-2007, 09:27 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by StraightJacket
Kool Aid is in Monroe, and I have an early morning appt. so we will be out by noon easy. I have a buddy that is a photogragher that might come along and take photos so I can make a disk for everyone and Candyman to post on the club sight.

Appointment for what????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.