Notices

Bigger Boat

Old 08-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bigger Boat

The conversation with the wife went like this...

Me: (jokingly)We will probably get a bigger boat in 2 years.
Wife: I want a bigger boat
Me:
Wife: I want a Formula
Me:
Wife: Yea a 280SS or 27PC Cruiser
Me: What no powerboat?
Wife: Just get a big engine or two in it.
Me: Oh no????
Old 08-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool, sounds like you need to keep that woman. Maybe learn to steer her to the boats you want so it can still be her idea.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Engine Co 454
The conversation with the wife went like this...

Me: (jokingly)We will probably get a bigger boat in 2 years.
Wife: I want a bigger boat
Me:
Wife: I want a Formula
Me:
Wife: Yea a 280SS or 27PC Cruiser
Me: What no powerboat?
Wife: Just get a big engine or two in it.
Me: Oh no????
Get one of the older Formula 40PC's. Same bottom as the 402 offshore but with a cruiser tub. They don't look like the smaller PC's either, they're still sporty/Formula looking. I used to have a scan of a brochure somewhere. I'll try to find it.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:45 AM
Registered

Well it has been 2 years since we went boating on the big lake. In front of us was a Foutain with twins with what seemed like no mufflers. The thing had a pair of wild cams in there, sounded like it was going to die at any moment. Anyways, the capt'n didn't seem to care about everyone else and left it running while locking through and occasionally gunned it. Being a typical showoff... By the time we were headed out, most everyone in the lock was deaf. That kinda turned off the wife to a Fountain or any powerboat. With mine I am courteous enough to switch off the thru hulls at times.

The wife wants something with more of a sleeping berth. She also wants to drop anchor and watch the airshow without getting rocked to death. I don't think the size of the boat in 2-3's at anchor is going to matter. You are still going to roll. I am thinking something that is still trailerable, I have never been one to let money sit in the water. I was hoping my next step would be a 27 Fountain, not a cruiser. I know she has never been one for flying across the lake or jumping waves.

Of course the next step is a bigger truck. Time to start looking at 3/4 ton trucks. The next boat is still a few years off so hopefully I can change her mind...
Old 08-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o13849-en.html
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o13844-en.html
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o13850-en.html

The wife's idea of a powerboat...
27PC
28SS
31PC
I think the 31 is more than I would care to tow, I might as well just get a dock for all the aggrivation.

Last edited by Engine Co 454; 08-21-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:05 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

All wives I think say that at one time or another! If she is leaning HARD towards cruiser, DO NOT attempt to get a Fountain! You'd have to get a 42 Lightning or a 47 in order to get her the cabin she wants...27, 29 and even my 35 have tiny cabins. If you don't want to drop the $$ on a Formula, check out Powerquest. Our 290 had twin 454s, plenty of space and storage below deck, a microwave and a fridge.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Registered

Take it from someone who has been there and done that. I have had 3 boats in six years. Save your cash wait awhile and buy the boat you want. Did I mention I am shopping!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Registered

powerquest - fromula - fountain- 1st powerquest has more cabin room hight wise then ither of the last two as there front deck is not flat so more room . 27ft in powerquest/formula may have as much or more room then29/30ft fountain as the fountain is more streamline and equal power for the 3 the fountain will be faster but you loose about 3ft of useable space in length and about 6 inches to a foot in width scope em out at the next boat show
Old 08-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Registered

The boats the wife is mentioning are sport cruisers.

I am looking at stepping up to a Fountain...again this is a few years away.

Are Sport Cruisers really sporty? I will have to look at some 33' powerboats to see what type of room they have. Can't wait until next boat show to start dreaming.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say if she is *****ing about the noise already it might be wise to reconsider her position in this. Next thing she'll be pointing out sailboats.

Quick Reply: Bigger Boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.