Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Northern Illinois Offshore Club
Every one Ok after the storms yesterday? >

Every one Ok after the storms yesterday?

Notices

Every one Ok after the storms yesterday?

Old 08-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts
Default Every one Ok after the storms yesterday?

WOW! about all i can say! I have lived here all my life and never seen anything as bad! I was at work when it all hit the fan...we have HUGE front windows in the engineering dept..probably 6'x6' sheets of glass with smaller openable windows under that....when the storm hit it looked like we were in a car wash!!! The wind was so strong it was picking up gravel off a roof from a building across the street about a good 100' away and hitting our windows! Tree branches everywhere!! Much of Glenview is still out of power this morning. I drove home expecting allot of damage to the neighborhood.....glad to see my area was spared from allot of damage. My neighbor across the street was not so lucky....his tree was snapped and laying on the front lawn...no damage to house. And theres lots of street that you couldnt pass cause of down trees....

Hope none of our members got any major damage

below is my neighbors tree....
Attached Thumbnails Every one Ok after the storms yesterday?-temp-011.jpg   Every one Ok after the storms yesterday?-temp-012.jpg  

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

heres a down tree branch at a local park i drive by and a tree that fell across the street i normaly take to go home ....had to find another way around.....crazy!
Attached Thumbnails Every one Ok after the storms yesterday?-temp-010.jpg   Every one Ok after the storms yesterday?-temp-009.jpg  

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

We lost a bunch of branches off the big azz willow tree that covers our whole back yard...neighbor still has a 3-foot-diameter tree ripped out of the ground and balancing on a powerline! Houses across the street are without power, and ComEd said it could be 72 hours before they come back on! I'm praying tonight isn't as bad, if my power goes, I figure I've got about 5 hours before my basement gets flooded...the line for generators at the local Home Depot was at least 50 people long this morning!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Mike,,,, I have a generator you can use if needed,,,,,,,,,,,,,As long as mine isnt out to !!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
We lost a bunch of branches off the big azz willow tree that covers our whole back yard...neighbor still has a 3-foot-diameter tree ripped out of the ground and balancing on a powerline! Houses across the street are without power, and ComEd said it could be 72 hours before they come back on! I'm praying tonight isn't as bad, if my power goes, I figure I've got about 5 hours before my basement gets flooded...the line for generators at the local Home Depot was at least 50 people long this morning!
Mike;

Did you get a generator? If not, would you like me to check the stores down here for you?

Roger
Old 08-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Registered

Good luck Mike!

No troubles here, most of the big storms went North of us.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Hey Mike, dont kow if you want or need it tonight, but i have a spare 800 watt inverter you can use if you need it...i was running my 36" TV of it last night with an extention cord from my truck till the power came on

I know your a bit south of me (i'm at 294 & 90 near Harlem ave) but if you need it just call me..i think my cell's on the CPC site or get it from Mark Smith

Old 08-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the offers kids...my neighbor has a big genny that he told me I could plug into if I need to tonight...hopefully I don't need to!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you guys are ok and you've got everything covered. A week ago we lost several trees and a 50,000 bu. grain bin. Now we are just fighting water. The Kankakee River is way up. We are very well prepared for average flooding. But, this is soon going to well above average.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Registered

We lost are electric last night around 11:00. At 1:00 I gave up on ComEd and installed an electric pump. Good thing because the sump was two inches from overflowing by the time I finished. My neighbor wasn't as lucky. Their carpeting and dry wall are all shot.

I hope the long range forecast is wrong about the tropical remnants from Hurricane Dean. We don't need to refill Lake Michigan in one month.
Dan

Quick Reply: Every one Ok after the storms yesterday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.