Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Northern Illinois Offshore Club
Attn Chain O' Lakes IL.boaters, need to go to this meeting !!! >

Attn Chain O' Lakes IL.boaters, need to go to this meeting !!!

Notices

Attn Chain O' Lakes IL.boaters, need to go to this meeting !!!

Old 12-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 10x
Maybe I could show up as a priest.
Nahhh. You'd have to keep pushing those little devil-horns back under your hair.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone else find it interesting that neither McHenry nor Lake County Sherriffs showed up for the meeting? It really does seem that Phil B. has his own agenda. We live on the river in Johnsburg too. We love the action. Maybe posting some signs, and self policing in the problem area will help. Maybe someone knows someone who could donate the signs to the FWA, or find them for a reduced cost. I really like the idea someone had of an increased sticker fee for non-residents, to help offset agency costs. Even if residents had to pay a few dollars more, would it be so bad? Bruce and Fred did excellent jobs of speaking on the behalf of so many of us. As did the Lady from the lower river. She rocked! Belinda also had some great points. Well, let's see where it goes.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering where Mr. Bartmans complaining "constituents" were? I also thought it was kind of sad that no one from the sheriffs dept showed up. As far as I was concerned and from what I heard, Bartman definitely has a personal agenda. I'll be there again on the fourteenth! Later, Dave
Old 12-14-2007, 08:10 AM
VIP Member

Kirk-- Good summary. Here is my take on the meeting. Phil made it crystal clear to us that he has his own agenda here. I saw him in the hallway after the meeting, and I was going to approach him, but I feel he is not interested in hearing anything that differs from his own ideas. As I drove home, I thought about how much the area around Mchenry is changing. Mchenry county is one of the fastest growing counties in the Midwest. What was once open country is now rapidly becoming an extension of the Northwest suburbs. As more homes are built and people move into the area, more changes will come as a result. It will be far from "the way it has always been". Unfortunately Mr. Phil doesn't get it and he is not willing to accept change.

I also feel that we do need to make some small changes to our way of doing things. I think there should be some kind of speed limit on the river between the Locks and Pistakee lake. It is a narrow area and as the boats have become faster it has created more issues. I also think the police better get with the program. They need better equipment and better field training on how to use the equipment. A friend of mine was one of the 6 guys that was issued a ticket for noise. The officer ticketed him for being over 75 db at idle. That is wrong, the number is 90 db. I have more ideas but I will save them for the next meeting on Feb 14th. My wife is going to love that- Happy Valentines day !!!

Smitty
Old 12-14-2007, 08:48 AM
VIP Member

I'd buy 2 stickers. That is still less than 1/3 tank of fuel for me !!!
Old 12-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
Twin engine boats should pay for two stickers.

You require the use of more water to cool your engines and require twice the amount of dredging.

Those cat guys should pay even more. Pay to play Zastrow!!
Hey, Hey, Bartman...oops I mean Kirk! Two of my little engines don't equal the hp of one of yours.

Kirk, let us all know when you are running and where to vote. I would think it would be a landslide! Later, Dave
Old 12-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

well I called the waterway agency and they said they dont have a email for Bartman
I know people who live on his street in Johnsburg maybe I can get it fronm them

Phill had said people approach him all the time to voice there opinion so everytime you see him you should voic eyours in a polite manner
Old 12-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Registered

They don't have an e-mail address but I distinctly heard him say, "You can e-mail me anytime". Kirk, you need to get on that board! Later, Dave
Old 12-14-2007, 10:01 PM
VIP Member

Kirk

Be careful. This is a public forum. People might think you have a personal agenda
Old 12-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Registered

Sorry I didn't make it last night...Will be there on the 14th of Feb for sure.
How many attended? more than 75?

Quick Reply: Attn Chain O' Lakes IL.boaters, need to go to this meeting !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.