Notices

Harbor options for 2008

Old 02-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Harbor options for 2008

I wondering what route to take. I live in the city 5 minutes from burnham harbor. I would rather not be trailering all season even though its close to the ramp, sometimes its a p.i.t.a. Been thinking of a few places.

Sunset bay marina. 136th and torrence, my buddy runs it, so IM sure I can get a "deal" however, really not looking to do the river thing, locks, police, etc.

New harbor out by burns ditch. Place looked nice, and IM sure they will have slips available. However, its about a 1 hour car ride to get there.

East Chicago. Not sure if slips are available, but I like the marina.

Any other Ideas? Obviously chicago harbors would be the most convenient, but you got a better chance at winning the lottery than getting a slip for the season. Where are most of you guys going to be? Another thing is, 93 octane is a must, who even sells it besides diversey?
Old 02-15-2008, 05:07 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hammond sounds like your ticket. East Chicago is full...and even with Hammond people going back there this year, it usually fills up...also, my friends that have slipped there said the amount of crap in the air is UNREAL...you have to wash your boat constantly. All you'd need to do for Hammond is jump on the Skyway. I'd call quickly, though...I think a lot of the bigger slips are full. I'd suggest V-dock...mostly because that's where I'm gonna be!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay away from the Hippie kid ,,,, I said step away from the Hippie kid,,, Especially if he has Sailor Jerry