Notices

OZARK travel question

Old 03-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OZARK travel question

Planning the summer activates

Question about the Lake of the Ozarks for a 2008 family vacation.

I am traveling with four families down to the Ozarks this year for a family reunion/ vacation and was hoping to alleviate a number of questions that I am constantly getting from family regarding the trip.

Does anyone have any recommendations to a hotel about halfway between Chicago and (St Louis or so) the Ozarks that is a safe place to stay not to far away from the highway and most importantly has ample parking facilities for four boat and two wave runners?

Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a good launch ramp around the Osage Beach area that I can launch a 35 foot boat? I have heard horror stories about long steep hills to get to a launch and short ramps where the trailer wheels fall off the end…

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks
OZARK travel question-copy-p1010109.jpg
Old 03-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Public Beach 2 is where everyone launches. Great ramps and right in the heart of Osage Beach. Costs a few bucks but you'll have 0 problems gettting that boat in and out. They also have room to park your trailer.

They have 2 ramps at PB 2 and the one in the Marina area is the best but both can easily handle your boat.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

As for the St. Louis question....my wife and I stayed at a Hampton Inn off the expy in St. Charles...they let us park the boat under some lights in a spot normally reserved for semis. All of St. Charles looks like a nice town..look there before St. Louis for sure.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Aboutme3
Planning the summer activates

Question about the Lake of the Ozarks for a 2008 family vacation.

I am traveling with four families down to the Ozarks this year for a family reunion/ vacation and was hoping to alleviate a number of questions that I am constantly getting from family regarding the trip.

Does anyone have any recommendations to a hotel about halfway between Chicago and (St Louis or so) the Ozarks that is a safe place to stay not to far away from the highway and most importantly has ample parking facilities for four boat and two wave runners?

Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a good launch ramp around the Osage Beach area that I can launch a 35 foot boat? I have heard horror stories about long steep hills to get to a launch and short ramps where the trailer wheels fall off the end…

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks
Attachment 330570
Just curious why you are stopping halfway down, we've made the trip from the Milwaukee area, usually leave early morning and are able to run the boat somewhere for dinner the same day. We have always launced at PB2 and left the trailer there with no problems.

When are you heading down, we'll be there the week of August the 5th.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Registered

Great question. Family can't sit still in the truck for so long...
Old 03-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Registered

Going down August 2nd to the 9th
Old 03-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered

We will be leaving here Aug 5th, leaving the morning of the
10th, probably going to stay at either regatta bay or parkview bay. I'd be more than happy to run with you and show you some of the places on the lake since it sounds like it's the first time you'll be heading down there.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Registered

I would recommend one of the condo's with PMG. You could get multiple slips if you reserve on a slow weekend.

Don't leave your props on the boat when trailering and parking at any hotel. People steal from everywhere!

Mark
Old 03-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Aboutme3
Going down August 2nd to the 9th

If your looking for a place to stay we have 2 condo's in the same complex on the 4 mile marker for Rent

Both 2 Bedroom/ 2 Bath with Marina and Covered slips available.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Ive' made it from downtown chicago to osage beach in roughly 8 hours towing the boat. Thats with a fuel/lunch stop and a couple quick pottie stops at the rest areas. Left at 6am and got down there around 2-230pm.

Ive stayed here a couple times. They had slips availiable, and a ramp on site, but the ramp wasnt too good. Lots of stuff to do for the kids, indoor pool, outdoor pool, playground, etc. The little cottages had BBQ pits which was nice.

My buddy and I rented the cabins #24 and #25, since they are right next to each other. However, those particular cottages would be tight with 2 familes in each one. Never stayed anywhere else there, so I cant compare. But it was nice to come back from being on the lake, and fire up the old weber. The covered docks are lighted at night, which was nice because I was down there late at night with my cooler cleaning the boat up.

http://www.lakeview-resort.com/map.asp

Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 03-14-2008 at 01:30 PM. Reason: forgot link

Quick Reply: OZARK travel question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.