Notices

Cubs Game?

Old 04-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cubs Game?

I am wondering if and where is a good place for a day slip in any of Chicago's harbors. I would like to take my son to a cubs game and would like to take the boat across for the day. I googled wrigley and it looks like Belmont is the closest harbor and even looks like it is in walking distance. This would be during the week and not on a weekend if that matters. I am not against taking a cab from another harbor farther away either. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Dan
Old 04-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Registered

TRANSIENT RESERVATION REQUEST
Transient docking is available by fax, phone or in person at the Harbor of your choice, beginning May 15 at 8:00 a.m., and depending on availability.

You may fill out a Transient Reservation Form on-line and submit it electronically, or fax it directly to your Harbor of interest. You may fill out the form in person at the Harbor of your choice; simply submit it directly to the Harbor Manager upon completion. Please note: On-line Transient Reservation Request Forms may not be submitted prior to May 16th, 8:00 a.m.

This on-line reservation service is limited, Holidays and Special Events are excluded. 2-3 day minimum stays may be required during holidays and special events.

Please note, this form serves only as a request, there is no guarantee that your specific request will be honored. If we can accommodate your request, we will contact you.

We require 24-hour notice to cancel a reservation; failure to provide sufficient notice will result in a charge equal to one night of stay. This charge also applies to no-shows.

For further information email us at [email protected]
Or call our main office at (312)742-8520.
Pick your harbor... I'd say montrose or belmont would be the closest.

http://www.chicagoharbors.info/
Old 04-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info. That might work out well because the game I am thinking about going to is on the 16th of May. Shouldn't be crowded that early I hope.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

if you go on a weekday then any of the harbors are fine....during a weekend.....i personaly would tend to stay out of Montrose....only because Wilson Park which is right next to the harbor tends to get crazy packed on the weekends and me personaly, i can only stand so much mariachi (sp?)music!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Registered

Agreed - shoot for Belmont Harbor as your first choice.