Notices

Who's gonna be first?

Old 05-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
5/16 Friday. SPLASH. Lake was smooooooooth...and it was warm enough out there for t-shirts at 70. Coastie ribs were all over outside Hammond, but nobody chased me. Boat ran great, hoist is hooked up, and we are ready for summer! To anyone planning on slipping at Hammond this year...BRING YOUR WALKING SHOES. They've got things f'd up from the construction still, and you are SERIOUSLY looking at 1/2 to 3/4 mile walk from the parking lot to the boats out on T or V. Sucks.
Glad you guys made it out. Are we able to park in the parking garage?
Dan
Old 05-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

No parking garage for paying boaters...only for GAMBLERS as far as I know. Wait till you see the apparatus they've got us walking over just to get to the main dock! You can't even fit two dock carts past each other! Traffic is going to have to be "One Way," then the other can go...HUGE MESS is what I foresee!
Old 05-18-2008, 04:25 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Glad you had a good run the first time out Mike. Not sure if you did anything to the boat this winter but it's always a good feeling to know that everything was put back together right and now it's time for the boating season to start. I wanted to try the T/G out before we left for New Orleans and with all the rain we were having I had to wait until 3 days before we left. Went to a small reservoir by me to try it out and it was 48 degrees and froze my a$$ off and everything was AOK.
We had flat water for the Tickfaw which I'm not used to and 80 degree clear weather. The run was incredible. Went back out all day Sunday and didn't pull out till after 6pm to head for home. Well worth the trip down there. We need to put a group together for the trip next year. Doug

Last edited by Doug; 05-18-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered

I dropped in at east chicago on friday , mike if id would have known I would have chased ya with the whale, we are going up next sat, to clean the interior, so will be at east c or out in the lake.

Mike L
Old 05-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the final wash and wax today. I've got a couple of plugs to put in the engines and she is ready to fire up.
I'm not to sure about next weekend though. If farming is undercontrol, I've got to get the pool opend up to.

Mike. Glad to hear you made it out!!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Doug
Glad you had a good run the first time out Mike. Not sure if you did anything to the boat this winter but it's always a good feeling to know that everything was put back together right and now it's time for the boating season to start. I wanted to try the T/G out before we left for New Orleans and with all the rain we were having I had to wait until 3 days before we left. Went to a small reservoir by me to try it out and it was 48 degrees and froze my a$$ off and everything was AOK.
We had flat water for the Tickfaw which I'm not used to and 80 degree clear weather. The run was incredible. Went back out all day Sunday and didn't pull out till after 6pm to head for home. Well worth the trip down there. We need to put a group together for the trip next year. Doug
Sounds good Doug. Post any pics you may have.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Registered

Looks like I'll be dropping her in East Chicago sunday.

Motors are looking great, Bill. You sure that thing will be fast enough?