Trailering your boat **Alert***

Old 06-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
Thanks Dan!!!!!!!!!!! Just ask Roger Holmberg about that one. I thought I was in quick sand.
Boy! You got that right! I would have never guessed in a million years that Dan's truck would have pulled you out.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

I got into it with a local Glenview cop on this subject once when he pulled me over for pulling an empty trailer from my old 32 baja...gave me the same crap about it needing certification etc......i argued that i'm not a commercial vechicle....that threw him for a sec but he came right back and said it didnt matter...then i told him that unless he can tell me where to go to get this "certification" i'm not gonna waste my time with him and he can write the ticket and i'll see him in court....he got pissed gave me back my lic and ins and said get it done or "next time" i'll give ya a ticket! Ya ya ya i never did do anything about it and never got bothered in the 2yrs after that. Most local cops dont know crap...the State troopers on the other hand can give you grief!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the truck plate limit include the weight of the trailer too????
truck plate ??? what ya go and buy one of them for
Old 06-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have TF. What are the limits for that plate.
I thought you had a TP ( Titty Phucher) on the truck BIG Daddy
Old 06-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Registered

I have TC on the trailer... Noone at the DMV mentioned an inspection.

Haven't gotten f-ed with yet.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Roger 1
Boy! You got that right! I would have never guessed in a million years that Dan's truck would have pulled you out.
Chevy Power at it's best!!! Wish we had a video camera with us. Oh well!
Old 06-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

A question for wise: Does the truck plate limit include the weight of the trailer too????
From what I am hearing yes it does. Now for the big fines they would have to actually have a portable scale with them to . All they are doing now is checking the Truck sticker and the trailer sticker for weight. If it matches the plate they seam to be ok with it. If not your screwed.

No body had had a problem up until the last few weekends. Now they are setting up groups of motorcycle stings and getting people that are trailering. They check the trailer plate and then the truck plate. If they match they leave you along (Maybe) if they do not match you get pulled over.

So if you are pulling a 25' Outlaw or bigger you do need to get your truck and trailer weighted and stickered and possible need safety equiptment also (Flairs, triangle, fire ext. etc)

I hear Marengo is thinking of putting a weight station in and will have it paid for with in two months.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by baddogz28
I have TC on the trailer... Noone at the DMV mentioned an inspection.

Haven't gotten f-ed with yet.

DMV has no clue! Looks looks the county is the only one that know what is going on. Everyone know if these stings start making money every county will be doing this. Easy money maker because the law is not clear.

If any contractors can help out with this rule your advise would be much appreciated.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Registered

Mark, The way it was explained to me was, the trailer plate has to cover the weight of the boat and trailer. The truck plate has to cover the gross or combination of the truck and trailer. I have a C plate on the trailer and a D plate on the pick up. I all comes down to revenue inhancement (MONEY). I hope this helps ya. Brian

Quick Reply: Trailering your boat **Alert***

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.