Notices

bravo rebuild help

Old 08-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry bravo rebuild help

I have a bravo xr 1.50 left hand on a 2003 27 fountain with a 525efi. I got it in 2005 and blew up the drive on the chicago poker run (but still had fun) sent it to teague for a total rebuild and upgrades, that ran 1 year and broke again (i did not repeat the out of water driving this time). but it broke anyway so I sent it back to teague for another rebuild. now it made 1.5 years and it is full of metal shavings in the oil. so I need it rebuilt again anyone local (Morris, IL)any good. THANKS.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:05 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Might want to give Tom a call at Nabbers in Morris. I know he had someone rebuild his buddies drives off his Donzi this summer.
Nabbers shop.......815-941-1546
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 08-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I know Frank will put you in the right direction, but people that I personally know who have excellent reputations with Merc Bravo One outdrives are Mr. Gadgets/Dick or Articfriends/Steve. They are both located here in Michigan and have done a ton of drives for hi-perf applications.

Dick 616-403-1006

Steve 989-213-7434
Old 08-05-2008, 11:48 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Kaama is giving you some good advice. Sometimes you have to travel a little to get quality work. I know, I almost found out the hard way. Now ALL my engine stuff goes to Wesco racing engines in Jenison Mi. and everybody I know here does the same. Now, we're all happy and running hard every weekend. Sometimes just because they're closeby and convenient, don't mean they do quality work. Get some referral's before you make a decision, you've already been given a couple of good ones.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 08-06-2008, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
Kaama is giving you some good advice. Sometimes you have to travel a little to get quality work. I know, I almost found out the hard way. Now ALL my engine stuff goes to Wesco racing engines in Jenison Mi. and everybody I know here does the same. Now, we're all happy and running hard every weekend. Sometimes just because they're closeby and convenient, don't mean they do quality work. Get some referral's before you make a decision, you've already been given a couple of good ones.
It's kinda nice being able to get in your boat and just turn the dang key isn't it Frank??? Since Wesco built my engines it has been that way for the last 4 years. Sometimes we have to learn the hard way. Not that something can't break, but it's nice to know in the back of your mind that someone has built your engines has an excellent reputation/track record. I have stopped in Dave Wesseldyk's shop for the past 8 years just to see the stuff he's building and I haven't seen any disasters come back to his shop...and I have seen him build a lot of wild stuff.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

I* Have Talked To Nabber And He Will Not Do My Drive. I Cant See Why Its Bad Already. I Will Call The Guys In Mi. To See What They Know. Maby I Will See You Guys On The Ill River.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

PM BZ or Obnoxus for Fountain Jeff's number...he's right in Lockport and he is the shizzle for your dizzle.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Or just call Obnoxus and have him do it...apparently he does Bravos as well!

(You can stop hitting me now, Dennis! )
Old 08-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Sounds like a good time to upgrade the drives not just keep rebuilding. Spend the money now or your pain will only continue. Rebuilding Bravos is not rocket science. Very simple with the right tools. Upgrade.

Last edited by Brad Zastrow; 08-06-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:11 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
PM BZ or Obnoxus for Fountain Jeff's number...he's right in Lockport and he is the shizzle for your dizzle.
I talked to Howard this morning, and gave him Jeff's #.

Brad, Howard wants to repair the drive, and move on to a bigger boat, around 35 ft. or so.
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Quick Reply: bravo rebuild help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.