Notices

River Shiver

Old 09-24-2008, 03:35 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dbkski
Fastboats with loud exhausts and butthead homeowners
aside, I am going to attend the Run and need some guidance.
I have never been on the Chain of Lakes and am not too
familiar with the area. Does the bar hosting the event have
a ramp and lot for the trailers? Do I need to just find a ramp
somewhere else and then boat to the bar? I heard that I
need to pay a fee for a "day pass" but that I can not pay it
at the ramp with the launch fee? Where do I get the pass?
Are there any other things I need to know about this lake
area before I do the River Shiver? Thanks in advance.
best advise I can give you is bring an extra prop (or 2) if you don't know the lake it's VERY VERY shallow.......and follow Dan everybody up there loves him...sorry Dan...LOL
Old 09-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Go to Ben Watts Marine on Rt 12. It right next door to Freddies where we start. You can buy a pass at Ben Watts or almost any launch ramp.

Frank you need to chill out. I think the Sheriff's dept has been very easy on loud boats. They are only following state laws about the noise. Dry exhaust with 500-1500 hp going down the river is a big problem. If someone calls the Sheriff they have to respond. It is not our right to have loud boats. How the heck do you argue that point with anyone including homeowners? It is a law!!! I am running open exhaust on my Skater with downturns to quiet the idle. No issues at all for me so far. I do not drive like an idot and pick my times to go fast. However, I am looking to get even more quiet on a full time basis. I do not need to have a loud boat to go fast. Muffler technology is making progress. CMI has a number of choices of muffler with zero hp loss. Northpoint Harbor has been tougher on noise than the chain this year. Let's ban Lake Michigan.

The water levels are still high and the chances of hitting bottom are very slim. If you follow the group your chances are zero. I have not even nicked a prop in five years.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Registered

The River Shiver is not going down the river this year. Staying the lakes. However if anyone with a loud boat ventures down the river on their own Sunday I can almost bet you will be stopped this time of year when there is little boat traffic and it is quiet. You will stand out too much this time of year.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not been stopped this year on the chain. I was out yesterday passed Lake County Sheriff and nothing. I have been stopped twice at North Point.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Registered

Forgive me for asking but why does everyone need such a big boat on the chain? I don't get it?
Old 09-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Brad, I am sure the island is one of the stops but do you know what other places we will be going?
Old 09-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks like there is 34 boats registered to run so far
Old 09-24-2008, 06:22 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brad, I'm about as chilled out as I can be. I'll be on the big pond this weekend and not have to deal with $10 a hour water pigs hassleing me about my boat "drawing too much attention, or it's too loud and a homeowner complained, or whatever." Remember ? I said that I really don't give a rats azz about it up there, and I really don't. I was just looking at it through my eyes, and thinking out loud of how I would address the situation if I DID want to boat up there, that's all. Did'nt mean to offend anyone at all, just can't imagine how anyone that would want to boat up there, would put up with all those restrictions, especially when a handful of sorryazz homeowners are the azzwipes that are causing alot of boaters all the problems that I'm hearing about.

For example:
On a thursday up there, during the week, that's the day that they are supposed to lift the ban on open exhaust, because of all the race boats that come up there from all over the lakes to go to blarneys island for the boat races. Mark Smith takes his boat up there on a thursday, so that he does'nt have a noise issue pronlem, launches it at Ben Watts because of the good launch facility there, and some sorry azz homeowner over there calls the water pigs on him cause they think his boat's too loud. WTF !!! It's thursday !!! the day that they are supposed to allow open exhaust for the race day. The pigs tell him that they got a complaint about his boat, and they have to write a B/S ticket. Ya think that's fair ??? It was in the middle of the day, not at night when people are trying to sleep. He planned to be off the water before dark anyway.
Tell me, I want to know. Do you think he should've been ticketed, and told to not come back??? because his boat "draws too much attention"???

Ya see, I just won't play those games. Not with them, or anyone that wants to start that kind of trouble. So, therefore, I'm just better off playing where noone gives me any $hit. If I lived up there and boated on those chain O lakes, I could guarantee you that those people would learn to love to hear me go past their house. I would seriously doubt that they'd have any choice. But, untill someone wants to step up any get me a place up there, on the river, I'll just keep listening to everyone complain about a few azzwipes that cause them grief, and watch them fold under their thumbs again, and again, and the next thing they're gonna impose is a speed limit. Boy, won't that be fun??? going to the boat races on a thursday, and watching all the boats not exceed the speed limit??? while they're running their under water exhaust. What a joke. Next thing they're gonna say is that the underwater exhaust is scaring the fish, and the fishermen can't catch any of em.
Sailboats are in the future for the chain, unless somebody grows a pair and steps up to the plate and puts an end to this nonsense from a few troublemakers.

Again, just lookin at it through my eyes.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 09-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Registered

Thursday night is not a free for all pass. Only actual drag race boats are ignored. Mark went down the river before he went to the island. End of story.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10x
Brad, I'm about as chilled out as I can be. I'll be on the big pond this weekend and not have to deal with $10 a hour water pigs hassleing me about my boat "drawing too much attention, or it's too loud and a homeowner complained, or whatever." Remember ? I said that I really don't give a rats azz about it up there, and I really don't. I was just looking at it through my eyes, and thinking out loud of how I would address the situation if I DID want to boat up there, that's all. Did'nt mean to offend anyone at all, just can't imagine how anyone that would want to boat up there, would put up with all those restrictions, especially when a handful of sorryazz homeowners are the azzwipes that are causing alot of boaters all the problems that I'm hearing about.

For example:
On a thursday up there, during the week, that's the day that they are supposed to lift the ban on open exhaust, because of all the race boats that come up there from all over the lakes to go to blarneys island for the boat races. Mark Smith takes his boat up there on a thursday, so that he does'nt have a noise issue pronlem, launches it at Ben Watts because of the good launch facility there, and some sorry azz homeowner over there calls the water pigs on him cause they think his boat's too loud. WTF !!! It's thursday !!! the day that they are supposed to allow open exhaust for the race day. The pigs tell him that they got a complaint about his boat, and they have to write a B/S ticket. Ya think that's fair ??? It was in the middle of the day, not at night when people are trying to sleep. He planned to be off the water before dark anyway.
Tell me, I want to know. Do you think he should've been ticketed, and told to not come back??? because his boat "draws too much attention"???

Ya see, I just won't play those games. Not with them, or anyone that wants to start that kind of trouble. So, therefore, I'm just better off playing where noone gives me any $hit. If I lived up there and boated on those chain O lakes, I could guarantee you that those people would learn to love to hear me go past their house. I would seriously doubt that they'd have any choice. But, untill someone wants to step up any get me a place up there, on the river, I'll just keep listening to everyone complain about a few azzwipes that cause them grief, and watch them fold under their thumbs again, and again, and the next thing they're gonna impose is a speed limit. Boy, won't that be fun??? going to the boat races on a thursday, and watching all the boats not exceed the speed limit??? while they're running their under water exhaust. What a joke. Next thing they're gonna say is that the underwater exhaust is scaring the fish, and the fishermen can't catch any of em.
Sailboats are in the future for the chain, unless somebody grows a pair and steps up to the plate and puts an end to this nonsense from a few troublemakers.

Again, just lookin at it through my eyes.
Frank, stop trying to fight all the haters(he is always trying to make us all get along). And for the gay guy named Magic Medicine, he has it pretty accurate, if you want to run them, it is on the big pond. Hammer

Quick Reply: River Shiver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.