Looking for storage in NW Indiana >

Looking for storage in NW Indiana

Notices

Looking for storage in NW Indiana

Old 02-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for storage in NW Indiana

Hi guys. Had a falling out with the people that store/maintain my boat. Was wondering if anyone here knows of any indoor storage that I can store my boat until spring (or for the season if the price is right)? Any info would be great. Boat is a 280 Velocity.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:59 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What area are you from ?? I have a couple in mind, if interested send me a pm.

Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 02-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Registered

Default storage

I have 140000 sq feet in waukegan illinois 15 miles away from north point marina and about 10 miles from waukegan harbor great facility with gated entry
Old 02-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Registered

I live in Indiana (Valparaiso). Would like to find something local but depending on price, I will look at all my options. Hey 10X, I know your your brother Dennis pretty good from the race scene. Dennis is a great guy!! Hows the chevelle doing? Tell him Marc Alexander said hey!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:33 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Marc, we did pretty good last summer. Car ran some low 8's in Modified Super Stock, finished in the top 10. Ran all season without any engine trouble at all !!! That thanks goes solely to Dave Wesseldyk from Wesco Racing engines up in Jenison Mi for a very well built engine PERIOD. Dave picked up the engine after the season was over, took it back to the shop, disassembled it only to find that now we need a new set of rings to reassemble it again LMAO We are going to reuse the same bearing since they look and mic as they were origionally put in last spring.

You should give my brother a call about the new class he's starting up at the Grove. It's called MSSM (Midwest Super Stock Mafia) It has it own website already, and we've got close to 50 cars that are gonna be running the class this season. All super stock style, wheelstanding, backhalfed doorslammers. Cap at 8.50 with a top of 9.50, and any engine combo (blown, pro charged, turbo'd, nitrous, or N/A) will be allowed, along with ANY type of rear suspension. One exception, is that NO tube chassied type cars allowed. The rules are very simple, all cars must do smokey burnout past the starting line, and (2) ALL cars MUST do a minimum of a 1 ft. wheelie and carry it out. We've got cars coming from Grand Haven, and Detriot and all the way down from Tennessee. Drag Illistrated magazine is going to be one of the top sponsors of the class. The owner of the magazine (Wes Buck) has a blue corvette that he's going to run in the class, and therefore, he's having his photographers come to every race that we run this summer, and gonna do a article in each month's issue on what the class did along with photo's of everyone's cars. He's real excited about this new class. There will be several photgraphers and videographers at each race, I will be one of the video guys. We've got in car camera's that will be put in all the partcipants cars for additional footage for the year end DVD. Not sure what class you run, but you may want to talk to Dennis about this race schedule for this season. Looks like I may be doing a touch less boating this summer. The booked dates are on saturday nights at the Grove, with more bookings to follow at Cordova, Byron, Muncie, and another one that's way up in Wisc, can't remember the name of it, about a 3.5 hr tow from Chicago.
I'm gonna see if I know how to post a link of some of the racing from last season that Dennis put together. If I can't, then I'll have my brother chime in later tonight, as 10x, and he'll put up the info to the class, and some of the vids I shot from last summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3cMEHkt2_0

This one here, we stepped up the jet to a .042 and blew the tires off with a 8.40 went back for a chassis change and ran out of time, but still qualified 11th in a 16 car field.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guMK2vNup1o

This was the final pass that night after some major changes. Car hooked, but he lifted cause he said that it felt like he was heading for the wall, clicked 2nd and got back into it and still ran a 8.54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgyasxZCoMA

Hey Marc, BTW, you find a place to store the boat yet ???

Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Last edited by 10x; 02-25-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry for the thread hyjack...but Frankie...do you know a guy named Dennis Coomer by chance? I think he drove a 68 Camaro?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:58 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Sorry for the thread hyjack...but Frankie...do you know a guy named Dennis Coomer by chance? I think he drove a 68 Camaro?
Yup, he worked for Larry at Competition Cars in Bridgeview, street raced with him and Kevin Lawerence all through the 70's and 80's at Dukes drive in. Hav'nt seen Dennis for a few years, but Kevin's driving his old black 69 camaro he sold (Correct Direction) with us at our MSSM race in April at the Grove. Just talked to Kevin last weekend.
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Last edited by 10x; 02-25-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Cool! He was a good buddy of mine in high school's stepdad and he took us up to the Grove a couple times. Nice guy, badass car! It was awesome to be a 14-year-old in the pits drooling on everything.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...
Old 02-25-2009, 07:07 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BLOWN85
I live in Indiana (Valparaiso). Would like to find something local but depending on price, I will look at all my options. Hey 10X, I know your your brother Dennis pretty good from the race scene. Dennis is a great guy!! Hows the chevelle doing? Tell him Marc Alexander said hey!

Hey Marc (dennis here) you give up the stang for a boat?? Havent talked to you in awhile you get a chance this summer make it out to the grove for the Nitrous Brawls..were gonna put on a hell of a show!

www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 02-25-2009, 07:14 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Anyone interested in sponsoring our series or know of anyone heres the pdf file of the sponsor packet
Thanks Dennis

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
mafia sponsor packet.pdf (457.9 KB, 71 views)
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Quick Reply: Looking for storage in NW Indiana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.