Saturday sounds like the Day >

Saturday sounds like the Day

Notices

Saturday sounds like the Day

Old 05-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wildthing357
It is a bravo boat and he did warn me. Just have to be real careful!!
If your drives are not fresh you should consider having them gone through before you start running them with the new power. On my 1st 37 I had bravos on stellings extension boxes with the drive shaft inside the boxes that hooked directly to the flywheel. When I supercharged the motors I raised the inner transom brackets 1 inch. With that change IMCO makes a long drive shaft that will work with a rubber coupler on the flywheel. I also ran all of the IMCO gears and bearings. Seems like the changes helped the reliability of the drives yet I still went through them at the end of every season. Take it easy running hard in rough water and keep a spare bravo on the shelf. If all else fails tape your wallet to the throttle to remind you how much it costs when you break a drive. Good luck with the project and I hope you enjoy it when it is done.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:38 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahhhh $hit !!! I thought you had #6's. Man, you'd better be real, real careful with them bravos. Enough4play gave you some real good advice, you'd better listen to him. LOL
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 05-19-2010, 05:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
Ahhhh $hit !!! I thought you had #6's. Man, you'd better be real, real careful with them bravos. Enough4play gave you some real good advice, you'd better listen to him. LOL
Pretty sure Gary had 2 37's. The second one had 6's.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
If your drives are not fresh you should consider having them gone through before you start running them with the new power. On my 1st 37 I had bravos on stellings extension boxes with the drive shaft inside the boxes that hooked directly to the flywheel. When I supercharged the motors I raised the inner transom brackets 1 inch. With that change IMCO makes a long drive shaft that will work with a rubber coupler on the flywheel. I also ran all of the IMCO gears and bearings. Seems like the changes helped the reliability of the drives yet I still went through them at the end of every season. Take it easy running hard in rough water and keep a spare bravo on the shelf. If all else fails tape your wallet to the throttle to remind you how much it costs when you break a drive. Good luck with the project and I hope you enjoy it when it is done.
Thanks for the advice, the drive have about 30 hrs on them. I hope to just make it thru this year before spending more $$ on what the boat needs.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Pretty sure Gary had 2 37's. The second one had 6's.
The 2nd one had 6s for a reason. When the water is rough and you want to play the last thing you want to do is break a drive.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10x
Considering the fact that I put over 300 hours on a 37 with Bravos and 800hp per side I did find out what works and what does not work. After all of that the next 37 had #6s. I would never own another big horsepower boat w/o #6s. Hopefully the next boat will have 1300s and #8s. See you on the lake this year. LOL
Old 05-20-2010, 01:06 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

The only boat I'd ever have bravos on, would be a fishin boat. And since I don't fish, I guess I'll never have a bravo. LOL
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 05-20-2010, 07:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10x
The only boat I'd ever have bravos on, would be a fishin boat. And since I don't fish, I guess I'll never have a bravo. LOL
For a guy that does not fish you sure do have a lot of tuna on your boat most of the time. What are you running for drives on the fountain #3s or 5s.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:04 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
For a guy that does not fish you sure do have a lot of tuna on your boat most of the time. What are you running for drives on the fountain #3s or 5s.
Don't know nothin about fishin, the last time I was invited to go fishin, I brought the wrong gun, and was never asked again. LMAO

SSM IV's same as a V, only a 19 spline prop shaft instead of a 26.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 05-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a group of us will be on the lake Sunday. Launching from East Chicago and running to the city.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.