We are planning a trip to Chicago this weekend and I wanted to get some advice on our plans. My sister lives in Grays Lake so we are planning on trailering our formula 382 to Winthrop Harbor, launching, and renting a slip. We are hoping to run south and touring the Chicago lakefront. We were also hoping to run the Chicago River a little bit.
I have a couple of questions:
- I just had the trailer inspected; are there any other towing issues that I should be concerned about? We are coming up from Indiana and I am planning on staying on the toll road.
- Has anyone launched at Winthrop to know the conditions of the ramp?
- Is there anywhere in the Chicago lakefront area to get 93?
- I have not messed with the mufflers (factory original) and in 2005 the boat was supposed to be legal in all states. Are there any areas that I should avoid? How about speed limits on the lakefront or the river?
- How is the weather outlook for this weekend?
Any help would be appreciated.