Chicago Scene Boat Party July 30 >

Chicago Scene Boat Party July 30

Notices

Chicago Scene Boat Party July 30

Old 07-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Chicago Scene Boat Party July 30

For those interested in attending...the location has CHANGED!!!! Apparently, the People's Republic of Chicago realized that they were not being properly compensated for this event, and have effectively threatened the organizers with shutdown. Sooooo....it's going to be off 95th St by the entrance to the Calumet River inside the breakwall. Which means RIGHT BY HAMMOND. Which means...GET YOUR SLIP NOW if you want to spend the night at Hammond.

More info here: http://www.chicagosceneboatparty.com/
Old 07-07-2011, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
For those interested in attending...the location has CHANGED!!!! Apparently, the People's Republic of Chicago realized that they were not being properly compensated for this event, and have effectively threatened the organizers with shutdown. Sooooo....it's going to be off 95th St by the entrance to the Calumet River inside the breakwall. Which means RIGHT BY HAMMOND. Which means...GET YOUR SLIP NOW if you want to spend the night at Hammond.

More info here: http://www.chicagosceneboatparty.com/
see ya there Mikey
Old 07-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts

thanx for the info I would have gone to the Playpen.
I hate $hitcago more every year, they just keep giving us more reason to support Indianas economy,
why a City by the Lake is so anti boater is beyond me.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 07-09-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you want a slip in Hammond for the weekend better make it now. Last i heard 200 boats called for slips already
Old 07-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spot changed again....it TBD right now
Old 07-11-2011, 04:51 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hahahaha! Hammond Marina is going be having fits with all the cancellations. I'm keeping my reservation...I'd be staying there anyway.

LOVE the reasoning..."the journey to 95th St. would be too long and dangerous..." LOL.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:05 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

OK now where are they going to put it....LOL

New Location on hold: I feel that the trip down to 95th street near Hammond is too long and dangerous of a journey. As of now the Location is TBD, I will post a new location once I have a safe alternative.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BZ
OK now where are they going to put it....LOL

New Location on hold: I feel that the trip down to 95th street near Hammond is too long and dangerous of a journey. As of now the Location is TBD, I will post a new location once I have a safe alternative.
Any trip with you behind the wheel is too long and dangerous.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roll the dice, where could it end up? They want it close to the city because the yachts that are overloaded can get there, but also in protected water. Indiana is too far and there is nothing north. Bet they work a deal with CPD or cancel it alltogether. It sux that the ctiy by the lake hates everything boats. Hell, you have to drive 1/2 hr on the river just to find a place to grab a bite to eat unless you want to pay up the arse at dicks. Chicago is the worst city to boat in. It looks great, but thats it.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default It's been canceled

Boat Party Date: Saturday July 30, 2011 Noon to 6pm - Canceled

I’m very sorry to inform all of the boaters that this year’s boat party, the 11th Annual Chicago Scene Chicago Scene Boat party has been canceled.

I called City Hall back in February saying I have a great idea to get the city of Chicago some great publicity let’s try going for the World’s largest Boat party, it will make national news just like when we were in the New York Times a few years ago about the great party we have each year. Well to say the least that back fired on me.

So I started working on getting my Permit into the city when I was told by a high ranking city official not to even waste my time trying to get a permit for the event because they were not going to give me one. So I looked into moving the event to Hammond, IN, 13 miles South of Navy Pier but decided that it was too far and dangerous to have hundreds of boats going to and from the party safely. If you read in the letter from the city of Chicago if Hammond would have called in the Chicago Police for help they would have fined me for all those services anyway.

What I find to be so sad about this entire thing is that in 1893 just 22 years after the great Chicago fire, the city of Chicago hosted the World’s Fair; more than 27 million people attended the 6 month event that was more than half the population of the United States. In just one day the fair drew over 716,000 people. Why did they have the world’s fair? Because Chicago wanted to tell the world we have risen from the ashes and we are back on the map! But today over 120 years later the city of Chicago can’t handle an event with 500-1000 boats for 6 hours, many of which are in the “Play Pen” on any given weekend. The only national News coming out of Chicago these days is gang members killing each other on the west side and “flash mobs” roaming Michigan Ave. Is this city trying to move forward or go backwards?

Does City Hall realize that people that live in LA & NY don’t even know we have a lakefront in Chicago? But I’ll tell you what they do know about Chicago, Al Capone & Gang violence.

The Chicago Harbors have more slips available now then they have in the last 25 years, you can check it out at: http://www.chicagoharbors.info. Our boat party was one of the largest catalysts for bringing in new boaters to the Chicago harbor system. Let’s see how they do next year with an extra 1000 slip harbor opening at 31st street.

BTW Check out http://www.SeaRay.com Home page, they just started http://www.aquapalooza.com 100 huge boat parties around the country, but we can’t handle what over 100 cities can.

If anyone reading this is a friend of the Mayor or knows anyone in City Hall please contact them and ask them to save this one last great power boaters event in Chicago.

We are planning on having a party or to on land at a local bar or Restaurant on Sat July 30th and or Sunday July 31st please check back on the site.

Here you can find the Cease & Desist letter from the city of Chicago.

Thanks for all your support over the last 10 years

Sincerely

Ted Widen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.