Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Northern Illinois Offshore Club
What new places would you like to go boating on? >

What new places would you like to go boating on?

Notices

What new places would you like to go boating on?

Old 02-23-2014, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What new places would you like to go boating on?

Here's a list of mine: 1000 Islands on St. Lawrence Seaway, St. Johns River-Florida, Whitefish Chain-Minnesota, Illinois River, Ottawa River, Rideau Canal, Lake Michigan, Trent Severn Waterway, Lake Superior, Portage Lake-Michigan, Winnebago Chain, Castle Rock Lake- Wisconsin, Niagara River, and Torch Lake Chain- Michigan. Yes I know a lot of different places to try boating on. These lakes and rivers are on my bucket list.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Lake Ontario. Hope to do Charlevoix to Mackinaw Island this summer. Want to cross Lake Michigan in the 22 Donzi too. It's 50 miles at the narrow spot. Want to do an overnighter at Cedar Point too
Old 02-23-2014, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Grand Cayman

or

Maui Hawaii

3pointstar
Old 02-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Lake Ontario. Hope to do Charlevoix to Mackinaw Island this summer. Want to cross Lake Michigan in the 22 Donzi too. It's 50 miles at the narrow spot. Want to do an overnighter at Cedar Point too
It would be cool to go across Lake Michigan with my boat. However I feel it would be too small. I definitely would like to get at least a 30' boat. that's gonna have to wait.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Captain Nick
Here's a list of mine: 1000 Islands on St. Lawrence Seaway, St. Johns River-Florida, Whitefish Chain-Minnesota, Illinois River, Ottawa River, Rideau Canal, Lake Michigan, Trent Severn Waterway, Lake Superior, Portage Lake-Michigan, Winnebago Chain, Castle Rock Lake- Wisconsin, Niagara River, and Torch Lake Chain- Michigan. Yes I know a lot of different places to try boating on. These lakes and rivers are on my bucket list.
You certainly do have a far-reaching mind. However, you skipped over what is probably the best boating destination within your ample circle of a bucket list....Lake of the Ozarks. Doesn't matter if its for the Shootout or a major holiday...its awesome ALL THE TIME. You also might want to throw Put-In-Bay, Lake Erie on the list.

But first, you have to buy a truck, no?
Old 02-24-2014, 06:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Captain Nick
It would be cool to go across Lake Michigan with my boat. However I feel it would be too small. I definitely would like to get at least a 30' boat. that's gonna have to wait.
Just depends on the day. I have friends that have done it in a 26 Powerquest. I ran from Hammond, IN to Saugatuck, MI in my 29 Powerquest. There are plenty of days when the big lake has hardly a ripple...
Old 02-24-2014, 08:06 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

LOTO in a 25 Outlaw on a holiday weekend,,,,, Ill pass !!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by obnoxus
LOTO in a 25 Outlaw on a holiday weekend,,,,, Ill pass !!!!
No you wouldn't.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:52 AM
Registered

This year's goals. LOTO and Put-in-Bay.

Very soon bucket list. Cross Lake Michigan (probably near Manitowoc Wi.) LOTO, if that doesn't happen this year. Mississippi (Wisconsin area).

Checked off. Chain of Lake's IL., Winnebago Chain, Mendota and Monona, Wisconsin River by the Dells, Lake Michigan from Egg Harbor to Chicago, Lake Geneva and Gulf of Mexico - Destin and Tampa.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:51 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
No you wouldn't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.