Notices

High Flow Heads

Old 03-13-2014, 01:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Why would I pull out perfectly good cams? How would you custom grind a cam according to combustion chamber work? Ground a new cam because I gained 40 cfm , there was no port work done. Changing cam specs because of this work would be a complete waste of time and money. I don`t care about the air flow numbers, if you do Mike will be more than happy to flow them for you.
Just thought you were having cams done as you mentioned this work was "bob madera approved" and the guy that did the work is called "high flow heads" so I thought he might see that data as pertinent.

My apologies.
Sorry to have pissed you off so badly.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 4,260 Likes on 1,227 Posts

Lets group hug I think I took it the wrong way

All my winter projects this year were about reliability but I`m not building the motors from scratch, I probably should but thats a story for another day.
Whole bunch of stuff was incorrect and all I wanted was a reliable end result.

But while they were there I`m not going to skimp on the chamber work that Mike is capable of.
I say Bob approved because when they talked they were on the same page and it is hard to find two guy with so much experience and knowledge.
Bob just weight in on the spring selection.

Boxes to transport them in?? I don`t get it.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I'm still pissed so this thread is going ON!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike did a set of heads and intake for me back in 1994 for a car. He worked out of his basement then. Did fantastic work back then and by the pics posted his work looks even better now.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Lets group hug I think I took it the wrong way

All my winter projects this year were about reliability but I`m not building the motors from scratch, I probably should but thats a story for another day.
Whole bunch of stuff was incorrect and all I wanted was a reliable end result.

But while they were there I`m not going to skimp on the chamber work that Mike is capable of.
I say Bob approved because when they talked they were on the same page and it is hard to find two guy with so much experience and knowledge.
Bob just weight in on the spring selection.

Boxes to transport them in?? I don`t get it.

Head boxes
I understand there was a thread started about me concerning 33 Outlaw and used head boxes.

I was in the U/P snowmobiling and didn't see it,,,,,,I don't know what it said, or why its gone,,,, BUT.

I bought and instantly paid for a set of used heads from 33 Outlaw several months ago.

AFTER the heads delivered he asked if he could have the boxes back,,,,, returning the boxes was not discussed before during or after the deal,,,, only after delivery.

I said sure,,,, I have no use for your boxes and I will return them to you when I get them back,,,,,, but everything is at the machine shop and I wont be going there until its done.

I called the machine shop to say don't throw out or damage the boxes so I can return them,,,,,,, no problem.

The machine shop had the motor for months ( maybe I should start a thread about them )

They called right around Thanksgiving to say it was done,,,, got total amount due,,,, advised customer of the money needed to pick up motor,,,,, then I went on vacation.

Then one of my rental properties burned to the ground ( damn Christmas lights,,,, another thread maybe ???? ) and all the BS that that involves.

Then Christmas,,,,, and a quick snowmobile trip and here we are.

Im so horrible
Old 03-19-2014, 05:33 PM
Registered

Ran like a champ today! Love my new air fuel ratio numbers. Amazing what a proper combustion chamber/valvetrain can do to clean that up.. last year it was a mess with many hours trying to solve air/fuel issues.
I`m happy with almost 900hp. Bottom end can`t support much more.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Nice Dan!!!!
Old 03-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

Bad ass!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrat's on those numbers! Can't wait to hear that beast blasting on the water. So, are you going to post a video of the dyno pull? I have a hunch you have one. Andy
Old 03-19-2014, 09:05 PM
Registered

Ha! I got one pull on the outside but the mic. on my phone had a heart attack I think.. it does not do it justice.

Video:
http://33outlaw.zenfolio.com/img/s2/...103167-215.mp4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.