Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So did we loose the OCEAN name????
Old 12-24-2007, 07:57 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
So did we loose the OCEAN name????
No big daddy is still OCEAN EXPRESS and my company is EXPRESSKAT, he's doing more sportfish and center consoles, and I'm going to stick with the hot rod stuff.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Registered

i had to check out my tanks after all this discussion and now im really concerned, i pulled the panel off the floor under the drivers seat and found my tanks, good news is that their aluminum, bad news is the foam next to them has water in that channel going all the way back to the bulkhead im assuming, i wondered why i had to replace the bottom of the bulkhead last summer for wood rot and i dont see a drain anywhere...question? can i or should i drill a drain hole and where? whats under the liner? is it sealed compartments like the front cabin area as im having to replace the floor as it was filled with water there and behind it under the steps.. sure wish i had some tech build data for the boat !
Attached Thumbnails 29 Ocean Express-right-tank-small-.jpg   29 Ocean Express-star-firewall-small-.jpg   29 Ocean Express-rght-floor-small-.jpg  

Old 01-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Registered

Fuel tank conversion to aluminium is common place in this situation.

Last edited by Robert J. Kemi; 01-24-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by copiercat
i had to check out my tanks after all this discussion and now im really concerned, i pulled the panel off the floor under the drivers seat and found my tanks, good news is that their aluminum, bad news is the foam next to them has water in that channel going all the way back to the bulkhead im assuming, i wondered why i had to replace the bottom of the bulkhead last summer for wood rot and i dont see a drain anywhere...question? can i or should i drill a drain hole and where? whats under the liner? is it sealed compartments like the front cabin area as im having to replace the floor as it was filled with water there and behind it under the steps.. sure wish i had some tech build data for the boat !

You know the man to call Scott! Spark @ Vicious.

And if you still got the bravo part I'll need them sent to spark since that's where the boat is. Did you say you had paypal?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Registered

yea Neil, but i really didnt want to bug sparky as i thought he was in the middle of moving to S.C.,, i was hoping Rossi would just send a pm or respond to my question about a drain hole something like yea,go ahead and drill a hole and use a piece of 3/4" pvc pipe and lookout for the tank located at 12" above the bottom and 3 inches from the stringer,,something like that ,but i quess im on my own (again) on these types of technical/problems,,,really kinda sucks that i would have to ask an ex employee and builder of a different boat company to help on a problem of another manufacturer...im mean "is it that frakin difficult, im not bashing the build and or quality of OE, but as a manufacture SOME HELP HERE WOULD REALLY BE NICE !!!! I understand that Rossi got in some Pissing contest with his dad, but thats not my problem, i bought this boat from Ross Jr. and never met his dad .......
as far as that upper housing, send me a check and where you want it shipped ,forget the paypal
scott
Old 01-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered

Scott - never got your address. PM it to me. I'll probably have it shipped direct to Spark's.

Expect big things from spark in the coming months...
Old 01-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neal, does that mean Sparky's staying in Mich?
Old 01-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
Neal, does that mean Sparky's staying in Mich?
Yes, at this time Sparky will continue operations at his Michigan facility for another 12/16 months (at least), maybe longer if another large project presents itself.