Notices

Tunnel Tab

Old 12-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rik
Where on what site? 800??

The drives are 1600's and they are rated for 1,000 hp back when they were made. They use two chains on a common shaft to handle the power.

It uses an ASD6 rear housing on the Second Effort or Arneson Drop Box. There were a few different versions of the 1600 made by Second Effort and Arneson back in the day. The input/output shaft seals are different sizes for example, the input shafts are stainless steel vs. steel on some models, etc. etc..

They are all the same but at the same time a bit different. The ratio is the ratio for life in these drives meaning you cannot change a 1.32:1 into a 1.5:1 and vice versa as they were machined for the center distance required. The ASD8's are different in that respect.

I spotted the ASD6 aft retaining ring in the photo and that is what alerted me to what you have.

Rik
Wow you are the man!! I have the 1600. The new shaft is a stainless steel. The machinisht said something in the grade of steel...it was really nice. I too have bigger chains from what the guy working on it was told when he called about buying the new shaft... I guess he was asking questions to Arneson and he found out that I had bigger parts then what factory came. The mechanic told me I would be good to 1200 HP and torque.... according what Arneson told him.... I am only putting 950hp in the boat.. That will be fast enough for me.........................for now.... LOL...

So with this drive I can try a Merc prop.. Any recomedations? I have NONE. I have a set of 34 - 4 blades.. That I can try...Not sure of the Diameter. The guy who was looking at it before me had these. They couldn't spin them up with the 750hp in it. I think I will try his at first with the 950hp maybe I can... Atleast to get a start point.

Thanks for all the advice... Trust me Everyone has been so much help...
Old 12-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Registered

These are the motors. They are coming out a xmas. I want to freshen them up... Paint them some colors. Just go through things to make sure I am ready for spring.

Boat need a little LUV... Not much just some really good going over. Couple gauges not working. Engine area needs a REALLY good cleaning. Maybe some fresh paint....
Seats need a good cleaning. I am not happy happy with the dash.. Gotta think about that one for a little while...
Any Advice??
Attached Thumbnails Tunnel Tab-051.jpg   Tunnel Tab-006.jpg   Tunnel Tab-025.jpg  

Old 12-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Registered

I want to add intercom to the boat... A GPS Speedo and may be two in the head rest of the right and left seats for the rear passengers.... Does any one have a swim platform??

With the drives hanging off the back so far. I thought about a tubular platform so I can at least put someone on the back of the boat when docking??? Any Ideas..... I heard the boat is AWESOME docking. Tranny's help too I was told..

come on Good weather!!
Attached Thumbnails Tunnel Tab-005.jpg   Tunnel Tab-028.jpg   Tunnel Tab-052.jpg  

Old 12-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmm. Your drives are not 1600's truly speaking. These are a 10" drop center rather than a 16" drop, hence 1600. Yours are rare so to speak as there are fewer of the 10" drops made back then.

I see you have the ZF transmissions to handle the RH and LH rotation.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
Hmmm. Your drives are not 1600's truly speaking. These are a 10" drop center rather than a 16" drop, hence 1600. Yours are rare so to speak as there are fewer of the 10" drops made back then.

I will take some pics of the drive gears today. I will be over there..... I guess I should find out what I have so I know what kinda power I can put to them..

Mario
Old 12-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by aviatorg3
Hee is a picture from further back. You can see throttles in seat. The other side I manufactured a custom plate to cover hole. I can't find the photos with plate and new speedo.

It was Great talking to you today. We got to get together over the summer when you get yours dialed in. We will be down Red eyes a few times we can come down and get together.

Keep me updated when you get time to get moving on yours. I will post the pics as we get mine dialed in.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik

I learned more about you today too. My mechanic is John Desmond from MSP Equipment in DE. He ordered my shaft from you for me. His boss was the one going to buy the boat before I did. I never got those pics today but will tomorrow. John told me you have really helpful on my drive.

Thanks I look forward to picking your brain.

Mario
Old 12-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered

I think I ran those engines on the dyno for Express when they where building the boat.If this is the boat I ran it with the new owner up to 120 the first time out.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DWES
I think I ran those engines on the dyno for Express when they where building the boat.If this is the boat I ran it with the new owner up to 120 the first time out.
SWEEEEEEt.... Now your talking my numbers.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Registered

Getting her back together soon... Gonna take a cool ride maybe!!

I'll post some pics or video once it is running again..

Quick Reply: Tunnel Tab

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.