Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Ocean Express
Parting out 1996 39 Ocean Express >

Parting out 1996 39 Ocean Express

Notices

Parting out 1996 39 Ocean Express

Old 02-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Even if he answers his phone he's just going to continue yanking your chain. He needs a little motovation, send a couple of hard hittin brothers over to lean on him a little!

Scumbags like Mark Smith should be locked up and pissed on daily...
Old 02-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

What i'm about to post is not meant as an attack on anyone or meant to insult anyone.....that being said......they are BOTH at fault for this stupid transaction!
Mark for not having the boat paid off and not having paperwork in hand at the time of purchase AND for letting the boat go without full payment..
And Brian for not having ALL the money for the payment at the time of transaction.

Of course there are two sides to every story and since it doesnt affect me personaly i dont realy care...i do feel sorry for you Brian for having to go through this ordeal though.

There will always be examples of good transactions between people where it was made on a handshake and such, but i have never personaly let anything of mine go, that i was selling, unless it was paid in full! Granted i did have all the paperwork ready for the transaction.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 02-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adk61
what do u have Anchor??
2002 38 Ocean Express.....email me if interested
[email protected]

*sorry for the hijack
Old 02-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
What i'm about to post is not meant as an attack on anyone or meant to insult anyone.....that being said......they are BOTH at fault for this stupid transaction!
Mark for not having the boat paid off and not having paperwork in hand at the time of purchase AND for letting the boat go without full payment..
And Brian for not having ALL the money for the payment at the time of transaction.

Of course there are two sides to every story and since it doesnt affect me personaly i dont realy care...i do feel sorry for you Brian for having to go through this ordeal though.

There will always be examples of good transactions between people where it was made on a handshake and such, but i have never personaly let anything of mine go, that i was selling, unless it was paid in full! Granted i did have all the paperwork ready for the transaction.

Wally,
I understand your his friend but you need to stop drinking his koolaide. Fact is I paid for the boat in full as we agreed before I took it and I have the canceled checks to prove it. I had no intentions of buying the engines as the boat was not listed with them. Mark offered me the engines with the option of making payments on them as a separate deal not tied to the boat. Mark had 2 weeks to pay the boat off and secure the title. I was to start making payments on the engines 6 weeks later with 5 months from that date to pay them off. When I called mark with the first payment in hand which took 7 weeks instead of 6 I asked for proof that the boat was paid off. IT WAS NOT.I was not going to send him any more money until it was. I put together all the money for the engines WITHIN the 5 month period and called mark to meet me at the bank to receive my title and the rest is history. The only mistake that I made was trusting Mark Smith to stand up to what he said he would do.Now here we are 18 months later and I still can not do anything with the boat.How mad would you be???? Would you let him get away with this for sooooo long????

I talked to Mark last month and he blew me more smoke knowing at that time the boat was already in default promising me that he would put me in touch with the bank by the end of that week. After a month of no returned call I hired a lawyer and found out monday that the boat has been in default.

I talked to Mark this tuesday afternoon and he promised me that he was on his way to the bank to get the boat paid up and out of default. He also stated he has the means to get the boat paid off VERY soon (what ever that means).He has until tomorrow to prove it or I will move forward with legal action.

ALL FACTS...... NOTHING TO DISPUTE

MARK ARE YOU OUT THERE ????? LETS HERE YOUR SIDE
Old 02-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

He had the boat for how long and still owed money on it, so what in your mind made you think he would be able to pay it off in a matter of weeks??????????? Not taking sides, but I would have liked to known what his means of larger than normal income were going to be in order to pay it off so quickly, and all of a sudden. If he wouldnt tell me then I wouldnt even consider taking the boat....
Old 02-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
He had the boat for how long and still owed money on it, so what in your mind made you think he would be able to pay it off in a matter of weeks??????????? Not taking sides, but I would have liked to known what his means of larger than normal income were going to be in order to pay it off so quickly, and all of a sudden. If he wouldnt tell me then I wouldnt even consider taking the boat....
He had owned the boat for 8 years with a 15 year loan. I gave him more money for the boat than he owed when I picked it up so he had my money to pay the boat off.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

haha wow i dont know what to say....
Old 02-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
He had owned the boat for 8 years with a 15 year loan. I gave him more money for the boat than he owed when I picked it up so he had my money to pay the boat off.
I have known him only through OSO and the boat club when it was active here in Chicago and never heard anything negative about him then. Havent seen him in years and only talk with him on a blue moon if he happens to be in the neighborhood where i work.....I'm not drinking anyones coolaide. Matter of fact i havent talked with him about THIS deal since the very first posting you made about it where i commented i called him.
The only thing i dont understand is if you gave him more money then it took to pay off the boat, why didnt you just go straight to the bank and pay it off yourself? Or meet him there at the bank and get the title signed right over to you then and there? I did that with a truck i bought about 5yrs back when i wasnt 100% sure about the deal happening....i got a contract writen out stating i would pay the balance of the loan off and the difference would then be paid to the owner when i got the truck and title. Had it signed by a notery as well to make it legit...I then went to the bank with account number in hand and paid it off...got a reciept and went to the guys house and took the keys to the truck, got the VIN and called my Ins guy and added the truck on the policy. The bank mailed the guy the title few days later...and i went and picked it up and paid him the balance...never any drama.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chi-Town Hustler, how fitting.

Wonder why he's into Guard Dogs now? Check out the fitting blue T-shirt his buddy is wearing in last pic !!!! LOL

Old 02-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brian41
So now his bank come repo the boat from you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.