Results of the 750 vs 850 debate >

Results of the 750 vs 850 debate

Notices

Results of the 750 vs 850 debate

Old 11-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smiklos
The boat count was mid to high teens all number 6 boats. You had nothing to do with that success.

If Platinum had showed the boat it would have got in. Johnny was with Hugh F. in a 6 boat. Forrest was long gone and not coming back. I think Westerly was holding the boat for lack of payment never found out for sure.

You also conveniently forget that Honker Cut and Circus Circus were grandfathered with Arnesons as was Don Q with your modified number 6 drives.

Pat if you think racing a Seatek against 470 ci cast iron low compression pushrod engines as Fabio was allowed is fair that explains alot to me.

Steve
I was in Honker Cut with Rod in that race. We had Arnesons - we were actually very competative with the #6 boats at the start, I think on the 1st start we were top 5 to the 1st turn but then they red flagged that start and we got a poor start on the re-start. We ran next to Don Q and out of bounds almost the entire race - I think they were boat #6 boats. I don't think we have a competative advantage because of the Drives but I also don't think the #6 was any better - I guarantee you we could turn harder than any #6 boat, we had the dual rudder "shroud" on both drives and the thing was like a go-kart in the turns.

Gregg Reichman

Last edited by bidpro; 11-02-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by shifter

Fabio came in and destroyed a and b and d class because he had a superior product. Your right shame on him for pushing the envelope and reading the rules. Arrest development, forget that the public has boats and benefits from development. That makes total sence.

pat W
Pat, I had the pleasure of having this same argument - discussion with Fabio in several meetings. There is/was no question as to his skills and the innovation of his products. That said, as the then elected representative for 'A', 'B', Stock Class..., my concern did not include the R&D of the industry, benefiting the public nor making decisions that did not make sense to those not racing in our class. The objective of myself and many others that became active in the direction of the sport at that time was to pursue actions that benefited the class majority.

In the nineties, the big boats may have been the show, but the divisional boats paid the way. 'A' and 'B' Classes faded away in the name of innovation and the benefit (profit) of a few. Factory Classes replaced A and B and flourished, until again - product development (translated to racers expense) killed them.

I'm a huge fan of product development - I just don't think a race owner should have to fund his/her own racing effort, basically fund the show itself and then be expected to subsidize a for profit organizations R&D and the welfare of the general public. On the other hand, I am sure if you wanted to put together a meaningful sponsorship package for a race series you could create the R&D platform you are looking for... Pepper Ernest
Old 11-03-2007, 12:42 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok,
Hugh was with gerry in the 36ft. The platinum that was in the mold was for forest and JT. Forest quit when the 6 rule came through because of the politics. JT ran with hugh the following year after a blowout with gerry.

The platinum boat the llc claimed did not exist, that you think money was owed on, must have been pretty far along.

There were 3 MTI boats, (1 trimax and 2 bpm rudder boats) at the time of the politicing about the platinum. I think one was done, one was in the mold, and the last was in 5 barrels. There was a 4th MTI for Jotun that was supposed to race in the states with trimax drives but they refused to run pleasure boat drives so they cut it down the center widened it and took it to race in Europe.

There was a part were you stated there was NO CHARGE or ZERO CHARGE. Does that mean that there was a fee paid by companies to get their products in even after the deal was struck?

A 2200 lb motor vs a 1000 pounder. Thats fair. They should have killed him on accel. You can see the results in p1 it is possible.

I had a great talk with Fabio this year at MACC. Same old stories about the politics of racing. I was quizzing him about p1. He was right.

Pepper E, West Palm, 1996 My drives (widgits) and Multispeeds were banned in our first year? Since then 16 other products that we have designed, developed and produced have been banned by the various series since then. We have found other ways to develope.

I think A class and B were supported by engine builders. Now it is 6 or 7 strong in A and 2 in B in the race this week. With the one engine rule. What will happen when they waive the wand again and force the change from 525 to 525 with blower (700) or 662. Don't worry they have never done that kind of thing in the past.

That brings us to today. 850 vs 750 or Factory vs small business. Unless the motors are sponsored (free) then they should not have a monopoly. In nascar no one pays for fuel but they only run one type.

pat W
Old 11-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shifter
What will happen when they waive the wand again and force the change from 525 to 525 with blower (700) or 662. Don't worry they have never done that kind of thing in the past.

pat W
Great Idea. Bump SCL to 700 blower, any engine builder and drive/rudder combo, them bump SC up to Class 1. Piston extreme lowers to Class 1, then an unlimited class for turbines, giant piston, or adiabatic BS. Below that SS, CO goes to UIM class 3, 6 litre. I think we got ourselves a new pro-series. All p class speeds cen get moved up 15mph also or change to avg lap time, not fasted speed.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Pat after the worlds ..I think the 750 vs 850 things is all about closed..
Old 11-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Is Bob Bull done racing or is he building a new boat.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:54 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Bob is building a PX to keep Dave Scott on his toes. Good Luck to both.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamTaboo
There is nothing like the sound of 1500 hp/Piston Powered @ high rpm,that will be cool to see.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeamTaboo
What hull is he using? Gonna need ALOT of power to keep up with the Mystic (unless of course he is getting a Mystic)
Old 11-24-2007, 07:15 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Not sure????

Quick Reply: Results of the 750 vs 850 debate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.