Notices

Rules 2006

Old 09-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rules 2006

Who's the customer? The racer or the fan? Answer that question first, then the other answers become clearer.

Why do you think NASCAR slows down cars that win too often?

Winning by one second is great. Winning by 20 seconds is not, at least from a fans standpoint.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who is the customer?

Easy, the racers are. They are the only ones making a purchase of any kind in this sport. The race is not dependant upon a single fan showing up, rather the number of racers showing up.

There are no ticketed sales and there are no revenue streams that make this NASCAR.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:12 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rik
Who is the customer?

Easy, the racers are. They are the only ones making a purchase of any kind in this sport. The race is not dependant upon a single fan showing up, rather the number of racers showing up.

There are no ticketed sales and there are no revenue streams that make this NASCAR.
i would agree with Rik... i go to the races and give no money to the sanctioning body... i might buy a t-shirt from one of the teams and the city makes money off us being there, but we are not customers... if the racers go away, then it doesn't matter at all how many sit on the beach for free...
Old 09-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Registered

The fans don't pay the bills,the only way the sanctioning body make money is from sponors and TV, and ofcourse the money they contact with the city for.Thats why everyone is so worried about huge boat count, that isn't always the anwser, so cities only want 30-40 boats and can't handle more, and every city is different. The only ones u hear screaming are the fans and they don't pay the bills...
Old 09-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Frank, great points and all very true, and that explains why there's no money spent to educate the public that a race has come to town.

But if there were more people watching, even for free, wouldn't it help with attracting sponsors if there were more people watching the race? Also, fans spend money in the town and stay in hotels.

Wouldn't you agree that when fans are roaming around the pits and watching from shore, it's an overall better event? After all, why would a city pay for a race, if no one comes to see it? I never understood that one.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:32 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ryan,

In 1995 Zerodefect was famous for being a filler in open class until the accident at Key West with the C boat. Laith was not a happy camper.

With some help from us,JT and TNT ,Don Q,Sterling, he went 11 for 11 in 96. His investment to make that boat a winner was slight compare to buying a new hull and starting from scatch. It also quadroupled the resale value of his old 46.

Competition breeds cost reduction. They are not interested in fixing the problems they have they are just cashing in on a Monopoly.

We have a bravo type drive in the works, Arneson has a conversion. We have a #6 type replacement and I know Arneson does too. I am pretty sure that there are several other people out there that are working on there solution. If you open the rules up it will create openings and sponsorship and more people trying to make a go of it.

Look at IRL they don't even have bump day anymore. Why?

Why not open the rules and let us play to even the field. You might find some fans will show up to watch the little guy smoke the big guy.

pat W
Old 09-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Registered

Frank,
I must strongly disagree with you when you say that the fans don't pay the bills because if it wasn't for the fans the cities where you race would not have the income recieved to help sponsor the race(and believe me the City of Orange Beach sponsors the race) from tax dollars spent and monies spent in hotels/condos, food sales, gas sales, toll collections, need I go on... If it was not for the fans that come to the races there would not be ANY incintive for the cities to agree to permit and allow the local promoters to come in and pay the sactioning fees (I know what it costs to produce a race). I am on the Board of Directors of the promoters in Orange Beach and I can promise you if it was not for the fans, who include EVERY owner of EVERY sponsor and potential sponsor that has brought 5 races to this town since 2003 there would never be a race here. Just food for thought from a fan, City Employee, promoter, sponsor, and staff member of sacitoning body, I think I cover all the bases.

Who is the customer? Easy, the local promoter and the sponsors. They pay a fee for a race to be brought to their city and expect a return on that investment. Believe me I am the first to make sure the racers are cared for and the red carpet rolled out for, you can ask them, but if it was not for the local promoters that want the product there woiuld never be a sale.

-sam jackson
Board Member Gulf Coast Power Boat Association
OSS Angel 4
City of Orange Beach Fire/Rescue Firemedic

Last edited by bad2bonecapt; 09-01-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Registered

Ron,
The big picture for a true sponsor isn't people on the beach looking at a decal on a boat that they have no chance of seeing at all offshore running at 80 MPH. TV is what they are truly looking for and number of homes that you can truly verify. That is the main problem with offshore and why we don't have as many sponsors as we should. They look at the big picture,not 2,000 people on a beach. They also what to know the demographics of the people watching the TV show and if they can afford what they are trying to sell, and if they are even hitting the right market place.
Thats why its is important to be with the right TV station, if you aren't hitting a certain number of house holds you are wasting your money even trying to put a show together.Data is so important for sponsors....
Old 09-16-2005, 12:50 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are making a new drive right now. We are looking at racing it right away to prove it works.

We are doing the same thing that the boat manufactures are doing but we are not allowed to participate in most of the classes.

I would like to have Extreme Boats do an article on it release it to the world. I talked to Casey and the boys last month. Another little guy trying to get a foothold.

If I cannot race the drives/transmissions it takes 3 to 6 times longer to sort out the bugs. That means I am not going to advertise and I will concentrait on other racing fields.

I do not see why the boat manufactures can make any amount of mods and intrduce new models. It should be the same for all manufactures.

We have no problem following guidelines.

pat W
Old 09-16-2005, 01:34 PM
Registered

Pat,

Have you submitted a request to SBI/APBA or OSS to homogolate your product?

There should be no problem racing your drive in one of the P-Classes offered by the various organizations.

Last edited by KenD; 09-16-2005 at 01:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Rules 2006

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.