Notices

Rules 2006

Old 08-27-2005, 03:30 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rules 2006

Are OSS and SBI keeping on track with the rules like this year or are there going to be major changes in order for unification to happen?
pat W
Old 08-29-2005, 11:56 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Default Re: Rules 2006

The rumor mill is in full swing this time of year and from what I am hearing PARITY seems to be the new buzz word.

What I am hearing is that there will be only one drive allowed next year in SCL. I am assuming SV as well.

What one series does effects the other. SBI allows my drives and transmissions. Unification is being stepped on in the rules.

Even if the two series never get along you still have to let them race head to head when the racers want to.

If you want PARITY have a foot race.

pat W
Old 08-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by shifter
The rumor mill is in full swing this time of year and from what I am hearing PARITY seems to be the new buzz word.

What I am hearing is that there will be only one drive allowed next year in SCL. I am assuming SV as well.

What one series does effects the other. SBI allows my drives and transmissions. Unification is being stepped on in the rules.

Even if the two series never get along you still have to let them race head to head when the racers want to.

If you want PARITY have a foot race.

pat W
Interesting...................so much for having rules locked for several years. It's a good thing those #6's are so inexpensive.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If #6's are required there will be a smaller fleet in SV....... Talking big $$$$
Old 08-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dhlaw
If #6's are required there will be a smaller fleet in SV....... Talking big $$$$
I heard that there are 600 reasons to change to the #6.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

More bad info again. No one is OSS has said anything about making SV a # 6 drive only for next year!
Also the class would have to vote on that before any rule was changed. And if that was what the class wanted whats wrong with that? You guys are just looking to sling more mud on a subject that has absolutely no bearing on you. If you had a boat and raced in OSS then you would be entitled to your vote on this ,but you dont so shut up already.
MD
Old 08-29-2005, 03:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
More bad info again. No one is OSS has said anything about making SV a # 6 drive only for next year!
Also the class would have to vote on that before any rule was changed. And if that was what the class wanted whats wrong with that? You guys are just looking to sling more mud on a subject that has absolutely no bearing on you. If you had a boat and raced in OSS then you would be entitled to your vote on this ,but you dont so shut up already.
MD
Maybe it is bad info - we will see. For a class rule change, does it take a majority vote, or does it have to be unanimous? No mud slinging, just a simple question.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shifter,

Earlier this year a group of OSS SV Owners approached Mike Tomlinson regarding a rules change limiting the gear ratio on the #6 drives to 1.50:1. The OSS SV Owners who proposed the rules change where seeking to address parity concerns regarding the Spiderman boat.

During a OSS SV Class Owners conference call to discuss this matter, Mr. Tomlinson informed the SV Owners that unless there was a unanimous vote, he would not recommend any rules changes to the Board for the current year. The Board has ultimate authority to make rules changes. Mr. Tomlinson did however say that he would make a recommendation for the 2006 race season if there was a majority vote of the class Owners. The Owners, or at least most of them, where under the impression that they where entitled to make decisions on parity issues. They where informed by Mr. Tomlinson that they where not…parity issues where under the purview of the Technical Committee.

The OSS SV Owners voted by majority to limit the #6 drive gear ratio to 1.50:1 for the 2006 race season.

Shortly after the SV Owner’s vote, the OSS Board issued revised rules incorporating the statements made to the SV Owners by Mr. Tomlinson. Under the revised rules, the Technical Committee considers parity issues and makes recommendations to the Board for final approval.

At this point, no SBI SV Owners have suggested a similar rules change through the SBI/APBA Class Owners program.

I hope this information is helpful in your quest for knowledge.

Ken Doyle
Owner/Throttles
OSS #10
SBI/APBA #10
Old 08-29-2005, 06:27 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Thanks Ken.

pat W
Old 08-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pat,

I wouldn’t expect the rules to vary much between OSS and SBI. Have you ever noticed those binoculars on the counter at the gas station? They use them to check on the competition and adjust accordingly.

SBI and OSS watch each other very closely, they are competing for the same race team base. Any move that would make a team or group of boats ineligible (or eligible) under the rules would be very calculated, and most likely only be made to gain a competitive advantage.

If you look at the technical rules, the primary difference between the two organizations is the source of legal equipment. SBI tends to be more open in allowing various manufacture’s equipment, while OSS sticks pretty close to Mercury. At the same time, both have very aggressive technical inspection programs. The last thing either wants is for a team, or group of teams, to gain either a real or perceived advantage over the rest of the Class.

Look for innovative ideas and programs to come out of each organization…in an effort to gain competitive advantage, not to alienate an existing customer base.

Quick Reply: Rules 2006

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.