Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
See your 10k and raise you 10k!!! >

See your 10k and raise you 10k!!!

Notices

See your 10k and raise you 10k!!!

Old 10-27-2005, 08:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: See your 10k and raise you 10k!!!

Yeah Pete, we could have a hell of a Jersey Boyz Party with that!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:02 AM
Registered

Thanks Augie. Good luck to you guys. You all are always doing great things. Another group that is doing great things for offshore and makes us proud to be associated.
Stan
Old 10-27-2005, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

MAN , THATS UNREAL!!! You guys are great! Makes me
almost want to call Mercury and get a couple of 525's
and stuff them in the NEW 38 SKATER and come play with you guys instead...GOOD JOB!!!!
Old 10-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that's cool, we'll see if CMS and Showtime come to St Pete to try and grab the cash.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Registered

Stan,

That's great that you guys all got together to put that type of money up...also that you guys were looking out for the racers in SBI/APBA for the invite if the Key West race was canceled...either way that type of money being put up has to be one of the biggest if not the biggest purse in Offshore for one class...

Good luck to all in St. Pete and be safe....
Old 10-27-2005, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Love the thoughts, love the team effort,love the cash and the open invite in the event that Key West event does not go because of recent damage.

It is not new news that Showtime is a competitive boat in moderate & rough and has no business in flat water........some of you guys read these post and wonder why offers like this $ 10Kare not a huge magnet - We go to St Pete and finish 3th, If a bravo boat breaks We finish 2nd..........thats not racing for me. In KW I get the moderate water where our boat runs good and have the chance to beat Bob Bull / CMS. CMS is a fast boat - Bob & Mitch proved that in the first race of KW last year - no one was even close - CMS is great competition even if it is only one boat. CMS gang offered money ($ 10K) earlier this year and had no takers..........not beating the bush here just letting the readers know that money has not moved any boats around this year. ok ok ok I'm done crying, here is the bottom line I have zero chance of getting laid in St. Pete, my chance improve to 10% in Key West ..........I'm going with the odds.

Hey all you Cat Lite owners........This is a great class and has started off with modest cost to enter. (Check the price of a new MTI) . Technology cost and it should, however we will put this class in the dumpster quickly if everyone needs a 600K boat to compete/win. This has happened to every class since racing began. A primary driver in cost is how the boat is built. Boats are built different for smooth water and can be built very average for moderate seas. We are trying to get a handfull of boats together now to race and it's tough to do we even have to put up our own money to make the invite sweet enough. Several good used CL's are on the market and have not yet been purchased. I believe one of the reason is that they have not sold is that they are not competative in smooth water, who wants to race for second place ? The best way to control the cost of racing CL is to race locations that have the opportunity to race in moderate water thus leveling the playing field. A 9,000 lbs bath tub has a chance in 3' seas. This is not just CL, but true of all classes. Easy boys not knocking OSS. They have done a great job and the venues are very cool, fans are great etc... I do believe OSS has some good things going on, but look at it guys if 60% of the races are flat water then the whole shape of CL and every other boat will change and your/ our stuff is obsolete. You CAN win a championship with 60%. When you guys meet think about this point and see if you can mix in some rough water races - this will keep more boats old and new competative. I will see you and race with you next year in races that we will win. If it is flat race you will see me on the beach trying to improve my odds of getting laid .

James
ShowTime
Old 10-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by James
If it is flat race you will see me on the beach trying to improve my odds of getting laid .

James
ShowTime
James I guess this means that I won't be seeing you on the beach in Key West this year...!

See you soon!

Julie
Old 10-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Registered

James,
Great observations. I believe rough water is a challenge that as a group all SCL owners prefer. We race whereever the series brings us. Personelly I come from the old school. When I started in 1977 offshore racing meant exactly that. We went 200 plus miles and sometimes 70 plus miles offshore. Seldom was the water less than 3-4. Because of marketing and spectator issues we now race on a closed course and pray for wind. I have never raced in St Pete but I have in Tampa several times. The water was not huge but challenging. From what I understand we are racing outside and not in the bay. I am hoping this to be the case and we can have a challenging sea to deal with. It is no K.W. but we play the cards we are dealt. I have (fought) with KW waters on 16 different occasions with varying results. The worst and the best in my racing career. I hope we can meet there on and off the course. I think I have the right boat for the job I just need to be up to it. Meanwhile have a Mohito for me and be safe in K.W.
Stan
Old 10-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Registered

the motley crew boat is doing pretty well in all the flat water races with his number 6s
Old 10-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Registered

Smile Re: See your 10k and raise you 10k!!!

"This is Not from Jim Bull, Just the older Brother Bob"

Stan,
I would like to start off by thanking you for the offer. It is a very nice thing to do for the sport and very flattering to my entire team. You and your team are a class act and I look forward to racing you in the near future. I also would like to thank you on on behalf of SBI and Key West, it was a very nice gesture but we are good to go in Key West. I am glad to see at least some of the racers doing positive things to try improving the sport of Offshore Racing.

I do however have to decline the offer at this time. CMS/Castaway made our offer in June of 2005 to allow all of the teams the opportunity to run for the prize money as well we offered to take care of the registrations, entry fees, and memberships for all of the teams during the 2005 season. Our commitment was to pay the 1st place winner of Super Cat Class of the Key West World Championship Event an additional $10,000.00 in cash and from what we are being told we will have some takers as many as 4-6 Super Cats or SCL's boats should be joining us in Key West. Being a man of my word I can not take that offer away and move it somewhere else.

Our team has also paid in full for 5 condos at a price of $2,500.00 each for the Key West Event, and our sponsors have over 50 guests we are brining into Key West for the event. So as you can see at this late notice we would be unable to take the challenge as laid out. We are interested in anything else you could dream up though and would match you dollar for dollar

Again I really do appreciate the offer and will look forward to racing with you and the others during the 2006 season. You are a class act and I wish you well at the St. Pete Race remember you have the boat to beat, of course next to Showtime and CMS/Castaway.

I think it should also be noted that we feel it is only fitting the group of racers that Motley Crew has been slapping around all year like children have the 1st crack at the OSS Championship Title for the 2005 season. We are hoping at least one of the teams can step it up a notch with out having to call in CMS/Castaway or Showtime to put them in there place. Good luck to all and have a safe race. BTW: Ron from the Crew said "that it's like taking candy from the babies"

More to come

Quick Reply: See your 10k and raise you 10k!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.