Notices

1 vs 2 ????

Old 01-26-2006, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: 1 vs 2 ????

This year is different with money involved. Smitty its your playground do what you want. It sounds like you have a plan that you think will work. I know you have lots on your mind and are doing a hard job. I was just shooting ideas but I will stop now. For those of you who call it crying all I can say is we have a different idea of fair racing. If I am a cry baby then I call you a FOOL!
MD
Old 01-26-2006, 08:56 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy, no one is calling you a cry baby. But, you are motivated to win. That we can all admire. But if you have 50 boats racing there will be 50 different variations on how to adjust the classes. This is far from my playground. My playground is under the roof of that V. This is a pain in the a@@. The easiest way to discuss this is a phone call. I will be the first one to admit we would need 10 classes to make it all even. That we cannot do. For instance your idea of putting all the twins in P3. They would all have to run 90 to have a chance. That rules out almost all of them. So we become a series of single engine boats. We want to keep it to 5 classes, with the purse paid evenly to all classes. To ask the P5 class to run for free so the P4 class can have twice the money sounds a little self serving. In Camden this year you probably had the most competitive race of your entire year. Including SVL. And by the way who won? Where were these twin engine boats?
Old 01-26-2006, 10:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guy's, for one of the first times in my life I'm kinda speechless!
Old 01-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

I think we should pretty much leave it the way it is. I have never seen an opa race where only one person led a class the whole time. Kean the 24 is competitive against the other P-5's. Relentless was competitive against us(stylin) and Lightning Jacks. It was pretty much even.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: 1 vs 2 ????

Originally Posted by AugiePensa
Augie, Speechless! Probably gonna be speechless again when you find yourself following us around the course all year long.

Nothin better than running by you with a boat that could be the condo's dingy. We look forward to racing againt you again this year all the other boats that make us look small out there.

TKO says that your welcome to follow them also.

Love ya,

Brian
Old 01-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by AugiePensa
What is happening to this world!
Old 01-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

This seems to be way more complicated than it needs to be! I have only been doing this racing thing for three going on four years, so maybe I don't understand! It seems to me that if you have a max top speed, everyone set up there boats to run the max top speed for the bracket. We need to have qualifying test runs, if the boat runs no more than say 1 or 2mph over the top speed of the speed bracket in calm conditions, seal the hatch, mark the prop and lets go racing!

Last edited by TomR; 01-27-2006 at 07:54 PM.