Notices

1 vs 2 ????

Old 01-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default 1 vs 2 ????

How many of you think its fair to run twin inboard boats against single inboards? Its just my opinion but I would like to see all twins run in P3 or above.
MD
Old 01-25-2006, 06:35 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: 1 vs 2 ????

I don't think it's fair....but there's nothing I can do about it..

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 01-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Option 1 leave it the way it is.
Option 2 prop down the single P4 boats to P5
Option 3 prop down the single P4 to 75MPH and mix with most P5 boats. Move those P5 boats to P4
Option 4 move twins to P3
Option 5 have two P4 classes (Single/ Twin)

Could you imagine if F1 had to race against F2

I like the option 3. We could have 10-15 boats in P4
What do you P5 guys think? Is it fair to race against other 75 MPH boats with single's? Are you up for some very competitive racing?
Maybe they could combined the P4 and P5 purse to this one huge class and make P5 a pure entry class for trophies? A $10,000 class payed out to fifth position. Is that worth it.

Smitty any interest or a variation of it?
MD
Old 01-25-2006, 07:19 PM
LarryD

of course its not really fair , but P-class is for entry level to get ones feet wet you can't turn it into 10 classes so every one fits I think it is as good as it can get now ( although I still think the top speed instead of average speed was better) I mean after all thats why you and I went to spec classes for a even playing field ! I liked p-class the open rules had the benefit of a variety of set ups and boats I think everyone knows it not perfect but thats why there are spec classes people can move up to, when we ran P class people complained that we shouldn't be able to run a canopy boat , shouldn't be able to run a cat with Vees , someone complained about our speedmaster drive you just can not make everyone happy

Old 01-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

that's not fair in my 2 cents . my boat with twins run 75 and i was planning on running it in p5 but scott b told me i had to run it in p4 so now i have to get atleast 8 mph more out of it

jr mike
Old 01-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P Class is not your entry class anymore, not when pleasure boats are entered into the "Hall Of Fame" The schedule that Waterboy posted on another thread makes the most sense, Their are a lot of true P5 boats (truly an entry class) not racing, P4 boats that are not going to race against twins, P3 boats that run over a 100mph where does it stop. P5 boats to 65mph allows the SOB's and the 24's with 500hp or less a place to start and not adding another class for SOB. P4's for your singles with bigger power at 75mph, why would you race F1 against F2's, The Twin engine boats have a huge advantage over the single engine boats and it dangerous trying to keep up with them.

Eddie

Thats a very wrong comment to say about augies boat being entered in the fall of fame, lots of time and money and traveling went into that boat this season,
He did spank your ass in ortley stop crying, either beef up the 500 hp or go bye a 496 and run f1. Brian stayed right with that big pleasure hall of fame boat in ortley till he broke He let it all hang out thats racing,
Old 01-26-2006, 06:14 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

.... I'm stating that Pclass is not your entry class anymore, most boats racing in P Class are purpose built Race Boats P5 included. Their is no Local Class anymore where people use to get started. I've been getting calls from True P4 boats that plan to Race P5 by proping down if theirs no F1 in OPA, How are you going to stop that when you have 26 to 28 foot boats with 600 or more Hp in P5 then tell F1 guys they have to race P4 because he had an F on it at one time. No ones crying, the system can be fixed, theirs a lot of people talking behind the scenes and theirs potential to get a lot of boats back out, what your answer?

Last edited by fastedy; 01-26-2006 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:35 AM
Gold Member

I cant wait to race against my step father Augie in P4 this year, I will bust my ballls trying to stay ahead of him and the condo with my 28 Pantera to not get hit by a freakin salami. P4 will never be the same.......Bring it!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a good point but I don't think the engines are really what gives the advantage I think it's the size of the boat most twins are larger boats that can handle rougher water at speed then their smaller counterparts like Augie said last year when he ran MIAMIBOYS Pantera in Miami his hats off to the guys that run the smaller boats some of these places you guys run can get hairy and the larger boats tend to have an advantage but it's all racing it's put up or shut up when it comes down to it. I remember Franks Marine one of the more successful guys in the small boats them guys were balls to the wall no holds bared and they were awesome to watch Virgil Frank Carlos all of them they won everywhere and of course . SIncerely Laz
Old 01-26-2006, 08:11 AM
VIP Member

What you are missing here is we are not running one race. We are running a series. True in the ocean the twins have an advantage over the singles. In the calm water races the twins are sitting ducks. Ref Camden Stanch 30 ft Panther ran mid pack. Augie wasn't there, but the identical boat with identicle power was. He got smoked. We have two Ocean races and the rest are flat water drag races. You are also over looking the fact that boats break and a twin has twice the hardware to keep together. As far as boats propping down. YOU will not be able to decide which class you are in. We know how fast the boats are. Those we dont know we will at the first race. Eddie your boat ran close to last in Ortley. Was the twin engines the problem, or was it the rest of the fleet? Randy, your boat runs over 80 so really you are P3 not P4 Yet you want to prop down to P4, and lower the speed to 75. The way I see it everyone wants to position themselves to win. And with money on the line there will be a lot more positioning going on. We are looking at some changes, and your input is important to our growth. There was a class that was all out of wack this year, and it is called P1 We had 140 mph boats running against 110 mph boats. None of them complained because they realized we were in the growing stage. This is the first class we are addressing. There have been some comments on how seriously we will enforce the classes. Let me just say, you better have your shi# together. Some organizations run this class of boats. Without having a real knowledge of how it works. We have raced this class for a lot of years, and know exactly how to make it even. Our experiment last year was the P5 class in Camden. You will all have rev limiters we will seal them, as well as your hatches. We will keep the props from the winning boats and they will be sent out to check pitch. You wanted rules you got it. But dont be upset when they dont work your way. You will all probably hate me by the end of the season, that just seems to be the way it goes. But we will have competitive racing. As for Eddie's comment about Augie, Shame on you. You should all be like Augie.An Ambassador of the sport. Smitty

Last edited by Wazzup Racing; 01-26-2006 at 08:15 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.