Notices

Destin Again!!

Old 02-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: Destin Again!!

That would be a SVL battle, you should buy Shanes boat and go beat up on CANDY!
Old 02-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Part of the point of having the race on the same weekends is to prove a point that KW isn't the ONLY game in town. OSS has tried since NOV to work a deal with KW to no avail. WE all want to race KW but if it costs OSS teams $10,000.00 each to qualify to race KW it is not worth it. Think about it ......for an OSS boat to race in KW they would have to register the boat for 06=$1,500.00 , 2 in boat crew=$600.00 , two non boat crew $300.00, 2 race entries $2,000.00 , 2 race fuel $1000. Two race expenses=$4,000.00 so thats an extra $8,400.00 before you get to Key West, THEN you have to re register everything in Key West for next season!!!! Those numbers are all on the low side too. I LOVE Key West I grew up there, but I understand whats going on here. The biggest loosers in this are the FANS of offshore racing that have to choose AGAIN...........
Yes it would cost alot of $$$$ to do both but we as racers should have the opportunity if so desired to race both and not be put into the situation we have here
Old 02-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Racer
Racer

The point is if we do BOTH things won't get any better!
Old 02-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Registered

The point is if we do BOTH things won't get any better!

What won't get any better The races or the Towns?
Old 02-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Racer
Racer

The towns are GREAT!!!!! Any town that welcomes offshore racing is awesome in my book. A bad boat race is better than a good day of work. I mean the SPORT in general could get better, if once a year we put our differences aside and raced "THE WORLDS" TOGETHER! History has shown that very few teams would do both anyway, I would doubt anymore than 5 boats would do both races.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Racer
Racer

I've seen every race in Key Est since 1982 except ONE , I've gone to "THE OTHER WORLDS" when there have been other races, just stating facts. Times are changing I doubt you'll see alot of teams doing both. Mark you could set the precedent you buy buy a boat and do both.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after talking with Bill Spotswood last year I know he thinks JC hung the moon so I can imagine that it hard to get any backing from the CR on your plight. However by having the OSS worlds on the same weekend you are pizzing off the fans. I know you are trying to make a point but unfortunately it does not get you any sympathy or give you brownie points with anyone outside of your own organization.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I'm sure there are GOOD explanations WHY OSS and SBI/APBA can't come to an agreement and I'm sure those will be posted on SBI's site very soon. I for one would love to have everybody together, one big family reunion! But then I think about Business, in my business my brother is my partner along with my wife...if they say it's black and I say it's purple they know no matter what they say afterwards it's purple, I have the final say but I also listen and weigh everything out. I may not always be right but that's the way it is and I feel that's where the problem lies here. These are just my thoughts.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:54 AM
Registered

Congrats OSS and good luck in Destin, most of all be safe and have a good time...
Old 02-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Registered

Part of the point of having the race on the same weekends is to prove a point that KW isn't the ONLY game in town. OSS has tried since NOV to work a deal with KW to no avail. WE all want to race KW but if it costs OSS teams $10,000.00 each to qualify to race KW it is not worth it. Think about it ......for an OSS boat to race in KW they would have to register the boat for 06=$1,500.00 , 2 in boat crew=$600.00 , two non boat crew $300.00, 2 race entries $2,000.00 , 2 race fuel $1000. Two race expenses=$4,000.00 so thats an extra $8,400.00 before you get to Key West, THEN you have to re register everything in Key West for next season!!!! Those numbers are all on the low side too. I LOVE Key West I grew up there, but I understand whats going on here. The biggest loosers in this are the FANS of offshore racing that have to choose AGAIN...........
WELL AND IN TOP OF THAT EVERY RACE TEAM THAT HAVE A SEFETY CREW HAVE TO PAY TOO, IN 2004 I ATEND A RACE IN KW,I WORK THE SAFETY OF 1 OF THE BOATS THEY MAKE US PAY $300(CASH , NO CHECK NO CREDIT CARD) X DIVER TO LET US FLIGHT THE RACE, WE ARE THERE TO LOOK FOR THE SAFETY OF THE RACERS,

Quick Reply: Destin Again!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.