Notices

Point Pleasant

Old 06-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Point Pleasant

Ron whats the latest on boats that are coming? can you list them again?
OPA, is there anything us racer's can do to help?
I'm thinking of a new nickname for Smitty (Moses's) Watching them just part the waters in PR was pretty religious.
MD
Old 06-15-2006, 09:24 PM
freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

Received 819 Likes on 605 Posts
Default Re: Point Pleasant

Point Pleasent Will Be Good, Freeze Frame Has Helicopter And Do A Real Race Like PR See You There Freeze Frame. Note :I Still Have A couple Of On Board Cameras Left For The Event www.freezeframevideo.net Augie I have Your Cameras Ready To Go see You Thursday In The AM Jeff
Old 06-15-2006, 09:32 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Too bad I have to sit this one out....

I'll try to make it to some of the Pre-Race activities and maybe even the awards if I have any energy left.......

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-15-2006, 09:34 PM
freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

sharkey call me tommorow if you get a min. 239-282-1987 jeff
Old 06-15-2006, 10:06 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by FREEZE FRAME VIDEO
sharkey call me tommorow if you get a min. 239-282-1987 jeff
Will you be in NY this weekend Jeff ?

Florida weather will be here by then!

I'lll try to call anyway...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Race Fans,

We are getting down to the wire, just nine days until the best day of racing Point Pleasant has ever seen. We might end up with so many boats that two races are required. If this happens, the starts will be at noon and 1pm. We are attempting to run just one race so our volunteers don't get too abused in the ocean but if it's a nice day and the pits are full of boats, things might change. You'll find out the entire schedule of events at the meeting on Saturday night.

Once again, you always come through by volunteering your time and boat in order to keep our racers safe. Without you, the Coast Guard would never let us do this race on a weekend. It's because of the professionalism and dedication to safety that NJ Offshore and OPA have demonstrated over the years, and for that we thank YOU!

All volunteers must attend a mandatory meeting at 6pm next Saturday night at Jenkinsons's North (100 yards south of inlet on boardwalk). At the meeting, you'll receive your assignments, instructions and flags. Scorers will be assigned boats and land volunteers will be given instructions. Hopefully we'll also have T-shirts for all of you. After the meeting, stick around for a meet the racer party sponsored by Jenkinsons.

How's the fishing lately? I hope they aren't catching Fluke in front of the beach! Hopefully the fish are in deeper water and it won't be an issue. Be prepared to play cop and chase them off the course, please plan on getting an early start. The course will be set up with NEW HUGE orange blow up pillows. It will be set up by 10:30 am, so leave a good hour to clear the course. We also expect a larger than normal spectator fleet so we'll all need to be on our toes. It should turn into a very exciting day on the water.

All Volunteer boats need to carry all Coast Guard required equipment on board, including life vest for every member, a throwable life saving device, a sounding device (no, your wife doesn't count) and flares with a current date. Beyond that, you'll need a VHF radio with channel 78 for all race communications. Remember to charge your batteries.

Here's a list of all current volunteers. We could use a few more sweep boats to patrol the perimeter of the course. If you know of anyone that needs a jolt of adrenaline next Sunday, have them go to http://njoffshore.homestead.com/volunteer.html and fill out the online form.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:58 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hello Racers,

It's getting close. Just nine days to go, time to get ready to rumble in Point Pleasant NJ. Here's a couple of things you need to know.

The Pits will be open to you from Friday afternoon on, so please come early especially if you want to be in the Friday Night Parade. We'd like as many boats as possible in the parade as it's a kids favorite. The Camber of Commerce is working with us so expect to see bands and fire trucks. Its a nice four mile route that will lead you right back to the pits. Please try to make it and get everyone in the town ready for a boat race.

We need everyone to follow the rules regarding numbers. With this many boats, our scorers need to see clear numbers. The numbers need to be at least twelve inches tall by three inches thick on a white background. Please help our scorers get it right. Make your numbers clearly visible, including the P Number.

If this is your first race of the OPA season, you'll need to pay the yearly registration fees. They are $500 for the boat and $100 for each riding crew member and any crew member than wants access the hot pits (by the crane). Credentials will be made at registration. If you got one in Algonac, don't loose it, you'll need it at every race. There is no race entry fee and thanks to AMF Offshore Racing, there's a $25,000 purse.

If this is your first race, please fill out the paperwork before you arrive. It's available on www.oparacing.com. If you raced in Algonac, then no paperwork is needed. It's in the new computer system and it will be printed out for you at registration.

NO GAS in Point Pleasant. We didn't get any response regarding the need for an onsite fuel truck, so please make other arrangements for fuel and arrive with your tanks full.
We will give out laps next Wed so you'll know your mileage ahead of time.

Here's the list of boats that committed to attend Point Pleasant. Please reply to this email with any adjustments or changes.

JEM Companies PX - 6
Platinum Princess PX - 26
Warpaint PX - 38

Lightning Jacks P1 - 05
Stylin P1 - 17
Traffic Light P1 - 29
Pro Marine Racing P1 - 388
Pour It On P1 - 60
Motley Crew P1 - 00
Popeyes P1 - 13

Firewater P2 - 111 - scratch
On the Chip P2 - 30
Wazzup Racing P2 - 33
Strictly Business P2 - 6
Wanted P2 - 77

Wazzup P3 - 1
Obsession P3 - 8

Ken's Oil P4 - 11
Specialized racing P4 - 12
Team Jersey Boyz P4 - 13
R&S Offshore Racing P4 - 19
Rum Runners P4 - 22
Offshore Princess P4 - 26
Panther P4 - 34
USAuctions.com P4 - 45
Still Got It! P4 - 60
Simply Awesome P4 - 66
Never Enuff P4-829

MotorCity Offshore P5 - 19
Team Joker P5 - 10
FRIENDSHIP 1 P5 - 11
Offshore Addiction P5 - 11
Wahoo Racing P5 - 14
Sonic Boom P5 - 15
Typhoon P5 - 29
Jersey Pirates P5 - 30
Goumada P5 - 38
XTRAS P5 - 5
Superboat Racing P5 - 68
Global Digital P-5 247

Papa Dukes P6 - 1
AIRTIME P6 - 77 - Scratch

More emails to follow.

Thanks
OPA

Last edited by Ron P; 06-20-2006 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:04 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Ron whats the latest on boats that are coming? can you list them again?
OPA, is there anything us racer's can do to help?
I'm thinking of a new nickname for Smitty (Moses's) Watching them just part the waters in PR was pretty religious.
MD
Moses is a good name for Smitty. The long orange hair really makes the image complete, don't ya think?

Just bring the boats back from the ship and get em ready and full of fuel. Everything else is looking good, almost too good.

We have 35 volunteer boats ready should they be needed.

Jeff, you're flying this race with video right?

Talk offshore will be there and.......we might even attempt live video over the internet. More on that next week.
Attached Thumbnails Point Pleasant-bob-smitty.jpg  
Old 06-16-2006, 01:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guys had a great turn out a few weeks ago at your first race, I'm sure this race will be as big....Good luck and be safe.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:15 AM
freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

sharkey im in the office today freeze frame 239-282-1987

Quick Reply: Point Pleasant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.