Notices

The Facts

Old 07-23-2006, 09:30 AM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Re: The Facts

Ken's observations appear to be make a lot of sense. The only part that I find unclear is that Brunswick is still a major stockholder in Fountain Powerboats aren't they? Apparently this approach benefits Mercury at the expense of Fountain Powerboats and in the long run works best for Brunswick?
Old 07-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about this as a thread! Stories of how one boat is scrutinezed at an inspection excessively and another just slaps new numbers on their boat and your racing a boat out of your league. Probably be the longest thread in the history of OSO. I guess there is nothing that will change that scenario, whenever you have an authority figure involved in a situation there nature and personality comes to play, like one cop gives you a warning about speeding and another gives you 20 tickets after seeing your seatbelt unhooked. In a way this will definatly make the OPA even stronger, Smitty and everyone at the OPA has been doing an unbelievable job in making our races great, the gps systems we are adding will help to squelch any squawking, key word being help lol. Like Smitty said " P classes are more fun" though maybe its time for the OPA to add some new classes? ST Clair is this weekend woo hoo!
Be Well,
Louie
Old 07-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Registered

Smile Re: The Facts

I believe It's Mother Mercury that has the part ownership in Fountain Powerboats, not Mercury Racing Division. It may not be to Mercury Racings best interest to see Fountains win but it probably is to Marcury's stockholders. I believe Mecury Racing div. is beholding to whatever Mother Mercury wants. Therein is the difference.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by irace
I believe It's Mother Mercury that has the part ownership in Fountain Powerboats, not Mercury Racing Division. It may not be to Mercury Racings best interest to see Fountains win but it probably is to Marcury's stockholders. I believe Mecury Racing div. is beholding to whatever Mother Mercury wants. Therein is the difference.
Brunswick basically guaranteed an $18,000,000 loan for Reggie in 1993, in exchange for a contract to buy engines exclusively from Brunswick for a number of years. Here is the link to all of the legal mumbo jumbo.

Brunswick Fountain Agreement Link
Old 07-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

like sands threw the hour glass...so are the days of our lives
Old 07-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Registered

thanks chris you made it verry clear. some people jest woun't to stir **** . i hope to make the opa races some time i know it a hell of a party . and thats what it supposed to be . to wazzup come on back to nc we would love to have the jersey boys back here you guys are the best .can't wait to see you all agin . robbie rogers .
Old 07-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantom1
Chris,

That is part of the point that I have been trying to make. An OSS Inspector told Smitty to go fuk himself at a recent race, and Smitty posted here that "that has never happened to him before and it will never happen again." Smitty and Anthony have had a target on their back all year and were forced to endure, what sounds like to me, excessive inspection demands. My personal opinion is that the inspectors were not going to stop until they found something, whether small or big.

Please read Ken Doyle's post above again.

WHO WAS THE INSPECTOR?
Old 07-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask Smitty I'm sure he'll be happy to tell you the story, and lets not forget how his wife was treated....
Old 07-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Registered

I think Smitty had a few heated words with a Race official, not an inspector, in the hot pits. If Im not mistaken, It stemmed from his wife being asked to leave the hot pits because she did not have the proper credentials. Having proper credentials in the hotpits is enforced because of insurance reasons. Usually, a wristband is issued if you have signed the required waivers, and from what I have been told, She did not have them.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
I think Smitty had a few heated words with a Race official, not an inspector, in the hot pits. If Im not mistaken, It stemmed from his wife being asked to leave the hot pits because she did not have the proper credentials. Having proper credentials in the hotpits is enforced because of insurance reasons. Usually, a wristband is issued if you have signed the required waivers, and from what I have been told, She did not have them.
You are correct, it was a race official.

See Post 18 of this Thread

Quick Reply: The Facts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.