Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
OSS Board decides to make slow boats faster, not fast boats slower >

OSS Board decides to make slow boats faster, not fast boats slower

Notices

OSS Board decides to make slow boats faster, not fast boats slower

Old 10-16-2006, 11:44 PM
OSS
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OSS Board decides to make slow boats faster, not fast boats slower

The OSS Board of Directors voted unanimously to rescind the previous Competitive Balance (Parity) rule. In the future, only "positive adjustments" are allowed to make non-competitive boats more competitive. Positive parity adjustments may consist of reduced weight requirements, adjusted drive height, increased rpm, or larger throttle body or carburetor. Any other appropriate measures are allowed. Adjustments are made by the Parity Committee, and must be approved by the Board of Directors. The OSS Rule Book will reflect this decision.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: OSS Board decides to make slow boats faster, not fast boats slower

Hammer/Hollywood,

Woops there it is! You got it in writing. And I repeat "clean up yo beotch" She got a date! All or nothing =WIN-Break-Flip Bring your rested lady locked and loaded. Last chance to prove you really own the belt. Hooter's has it. You had it. I want it. Nothing to lose and everything to prove. If my crew can make my lady stay whole I want revenge/vindication/ The Belt !!! All the players should be there. If anyone who hasn't raced with us and has a cat lite please come to Destin and be the honored guest with the rest of the other 12 boats that have raced this year. It gets a little crowded at the first turn but everyone here knows how to wheel and we want and welcome "New Meat". WE got no newbee's in a while and the lions are all hungry. Any taker's
? If you want real heat you can race all four day's. If not you can always find somewhere where you can surely win/place/show. Anyone like that would definitly be a little squimish with 10-12 hell bent chariots with animals driving breathing down their neck's. It.s ok , we understand. For the rest of us/you as the man says. LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!

Sincerely
Old Lion

m
meat

Originally Posted by OSS
The OSS Board of Directors voted unanimously to rescind the previous Competitive Balance (Parity) rule. In the future, only "positive adjustments" are allowed to make non-competitive boats more competitive. Positive parity adjustments may consist of reduced weight requirements, adjusted drive height, increased rpm, or larger throttle body or carburetor. Any other appropriate measures are allowed. Adjustments are made by the Parity Committee, and must be approved by the Board of Directors. The OSS Rule Book will reflect this decision.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats what I'm talkin about!!!!

Originally Posted by Popeyes
Hammer/Hollywood,

Woops there it is! You got it in writing. And I repeat "clean up yo beotch" She got a date! All or nothing =WIN-Break-Flip Bring your rested lady locked and loaded. Last chance to prove you really own the belt. Hooter's has it. You had it. I want it. Nothing to lose and everything to prove. If my crew can make my lady stay whole I want revenge/vindication/ The Belt !!! All the players should be there. If anyone who hasn't raced with us and has a cat lite please come to Destin and be the honored guest with the rest of the other 12 boats that have raced this year. It gets a little crowded at the first turn but everyone here knows how to wheel and we want and welcome "New Meat". WE got no newbee's in a while and the lions are all hungry. Any taker's
? If you want real heat you can race all four day's. If not you can always find somewhere where you can surely win/place/show. Anyone like that would definitly be a little squimish with 10-12 hell bent chariots with animals driving breathing down their neck's. It.s ok , we understand. For the rest of us/you as the man says. LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!

Sincerely
Old Lion

m
meat
Old 10-17-2006, 12:15 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very happy to hear this. I never stated my opinion on the weight parity rule as not to rattle any feathers. I commend the OSS for taking a closer look at this. A team should not be penalized for doing there homework well. It should be the move of the other teams to test more to better there selfs for the next race. Job well done OSS!!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

That is one of the most forward thinking rules I have ever read. Talk about rewarding excellence and encouraging innovation. Nice job, whoever thought of it and the same to the OSS board for making it a reality. SQ
Old 10-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Registered

great news...now can i have 175 rpms?
Old 10-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Registered

Way to go OSS great move!
Old 10-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Registered

Excellent News, thats the way it should be
Old 10-17-2006, 05:03 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: OSS Board decides to make slow boats faster, not fast boats slower

I think it's just great when an organization sees a flaw in their book or at the very least listens to it's customers (the racers) when they see something isn't working.

Once again, thank you for trying to keep the competition as close as possible. It just isn't fun for anyone to watch or race with the only winning factor being attrition.

Keep up the great work everyone !

People are noticing!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Registered

I'm not a racer but I enjoy following the enthusiasm you fellows show for the sport.

What about a class similar to the old IROC cars?
Everyone is limited to a similar size hull and engine output, and must race their boat in 2-3' waters. This would eliminate any financial advantage and allow a drivers skill level to become the deciding factor in the event. Many of us in smaller stock hulls would enjoy an opportunity to test ourselves against others in a similarly sized and powered boat.

Quick Reply: OSS Board decides to make slow boats faster, not fast boats slower

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.