Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
Pictures Of The New Race Boats >

Pictures Of The New Race Boats

Notices

Pictures Of The New Race Boats

Old 01-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Pictures Of The New Race Boats

Hey BOB, You like to type?? Hope you are doing well. Roger Ausley
Old 01-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, just had some time to kill today waiting to get the new Super Cat ported heads back and the vacuum pump that fits in the oil pan back from the parts house.

How are you doing? Still selling Chevy parts? I am almost finished with the 67 Chevelle, I need a hood that will cover the Super Cat engine I stuck in it with Fuel injection and air-conditioning? any laying around? I hate to cut up the original one.

Bob
Old 01-22-2007, 07:02 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Bob makes a lot of good points, it should be something that we take a long look at for the health of the sport
Old 01-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Registered

at the end of the day, the answer is simple. less classes, more boats per class, better competition breeds better tv, more prize $ per class. no manufacturer has a monopoly. simply follow nascar / ama / or any other successful motorsport. truck series. busch series, cup series. 125cc class / 250 cc class. 30 - 40 on one race course is what tv, spectators, and most of all the racers want (and will tune in to watch). as long as there are 4-5 boats on a course, no one will care......
it will take years to evolve in this direction but someone needs to put their foot down and make it happen or years from now we will end up exactly where we are now (and the last 30 years)...........nowhere!

hammer
Old 01-22-2007, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

WOW,WOW,WOW, Bob I think I like your idea of consolidating 3 classes. I have always thought that SC and SCL should be one class with 20 plus teams. The only problem I would see is instead of 5 pissed off teams you may end up with 15. I think it should be something that is proposed to the current SC and SCL teams. I also agree that with the new 850 class the SCL class will keep getting smaller until it all merges anyway. If the 850 is as bullet proof as the 525 why not. If I were a SCL boat I would say leave me out of it our class is fine with the spec 525 motor. I do beleve thats why so many have moved to that class.
Just food for thought
MD
Old 01-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Registered

I am sure SCL wanted to stay in SCL or at least the majority was happy that is why they made the investment that they did with the class, but that is not what happened. The 850 program should have never been offer the way it was. It should have stayed as SC and the 850 proposed as a test or allowed to run with the 750, but instead it was proposed as the replacement, single source, and the existing teams would have to purchase the 850 and at best would be phased out. The 850 is a great product but not yet proven in a race environment so why ask the teams to invest additional money when they own 750’s and are happy with them, the 750 product is a proven product.

Since we the Super Cat teams did not succumb to the desires of one person in the class and another in PX and another in SCL they created the new class that in turn huts 2 other classes.

Now we “The Offshore Racing community” is left to deal with yet another blow to the sport for no reason. So where do we go from here? Just sit around as usual and watch the inevitable or correct our mistake.

As you can see I am not the only one that thinks this was a bad move and should be corrected. We have 2 options revert back or make the completed adjustments needed to move forward.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,630 Likes on 3,769 Posts

As you can see I am not the only one that thinks this was a bad move and should be corrected. We have 2 options revert back or make the completed adjustments needed to move forward.
How does this get fixed, As a owner run organization, majority rules, but in the case of a tie who decides without casting those not in favor of said rule change away?? There obviously needs to be give and take on both sides. This being the 4th year of OSS, they should be moving ahead not backwards!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Sorry I dont have the answer either. It seems there are way more issues here than just replacing some motors at an additional cost to the teams. I was just making some observations from a outside the class looking in. Whats best for the class going forward is the golden question.
MD
Old 01-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sroman6489
at the end of the day, the answer is simple. less classes, more boats per class, better competition breeds better tv, more prize $ per class. no manufacturer has a monopoly. simply follow nascar / ama / or any other successful motorsport. truck series. busch series, cup series. 125cc class / 250 cc class. 30 - 40 on one race course is what tv, spectators, and most of all the racers want (and will tune in to watch). as long as there are 4-5 boats on a course, no one will care......
it will take years to evolve in this direction but someone needs to put their foot down and make it happen or years from now we will end up exactly where we are now (and the last 30 years)...........nowhere!

hammer

What he said!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Registered

Pete that is funny, what tie, 1 to 4? Anyway I agree we will be moving ahead.

Good luck with the new class.

Quick Reply: Pictures Of The New Race Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.