Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
OSS What happened on the SCL start ??? >

OSS What happened on the SCL start ???

Notices

OSS What happened on the SCL start ???

Old 03-29-2007, 08:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AeroSpeedMarine
looks good to me.. just wish rick and i could of finished but that will change the boat needed some tlc and its getting it now ...

cant wait till greers ferry...

TEAM ASM # 4

bench racing is alot of fun and alot easier then being in the boat observing as a spectator it is alot easier to make the calls richie sucked it up and did what any other racer would have done and is saving it for the next race "pay back" just hopefully to motley instead of me....hahahaha

if you want to see it from a racers view steve page has the wining skater for sale buy that and you will really deserve to have an opinion ... its expensive to have one that counts..

here is steve # 232-243-5345 ask for john
Great answer, I like this guy. The more races you get under your belt, the better you are at positioning yourself on the starts. I doubt that Peppers was looking back with intent to hose the MTI. SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this thread, if I am catching it's drift is one of the reasons why it is so hard to be a fan of the sport. Most specatators don't have a clue about the rules and then get hosed if they ask (hey a pun) Hot Pursuit may have an agenda that I don't know about, but what if he is just curious like I am. All sports are full of Monday morning quarterbacking and dissucssions about the game, but it does not mean you have to play for the NFL to understand the basic rules of the game. So why in offshore is it that everytime someone has a question they are reemed for not being a racer

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 03-29-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Registered

i wouldnt of commented if the remarks were thought out before expressed..
Old 03-29-2007, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

my 2 cents...richie is a excellent driver and throttle man...he has owned some of the fastest boats here in la...he won back at the last sbi race here in his class...

hot pursuit also has alot of experience in fast cats...

alot of boats, alot of power ,small space....

i belive there was a issue with a water hose and it's quite possible that in the blink of a eye to look at gauges and see it fluctuate is going to give the throttle man a reason to pull back on the sticks..split second reaction is all it takes...bam..someone else is at your spot...

wish richie the best , if anyone should be on the course running the newest humpback ,it's him....

if i am wrong ,please correct me....

Last edited by open87; 03-29-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good to me.. just wish rick and i could of finished but that will change the boat needed some tlc and its getting it now ...

cant wait till greers ferry...

TEAM ASM # 4

bench racing is alot of fun and alot easier then being in the boat observing as a spectator it is alot easier to make the calls richie sucked it up and did what any other racer would have done and is saving it for the next race "pay back" just hopefully to motley instead of me....hahahaha

if you want to see it from a racers view steve page has the wining skater for sale buy that and you will really deserve to have an opinion ... its expensive to have one that counts..

here is steve # 232-243-5345 ask for john

Sounds like you want this to get personal.I have owned 6 power boats in the last 27 years and all have run triple digits.
I guess owning a 40 Skater with 2200 is chump change.
You say pay back is coming well someone must be guilty of something!You or nobody else will tell me when I can have an opinion.I asked a simple question was the start legal didn't make suggestions to any wrong doing.
After watching your performance and reading this bull maybe you should purchase the winning Skater to see what it feels like to win.By the way where are the pictures of you getting hosed from Richie,that was your excuse not finishing!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Just checked again Stan was only put back 1 position with a 1 minute penalty.
My bad I( Stan)corrected >
Old 03-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
this thread, if I am catching it's drift is one of the reasons why it is so hard to be a fan of the sport. Most specatators don't have a clue about the rules and then get hosed if they ask (hey a pun) Hot Pursuit may have an agenda that I don't know about, but what if he is just curious like I am. All sports are full of Monday morning quarterbacking and dissucssions about the game, but it does not mean you have to play for the NFL to understand the basic rules of the game. So why in offshore is it that everytime someone has a question they are reemed for not being a racer
No agendas I bleed Skater blood,but all rules should be followed.On a flag start you should hold your lane and it look like a cluster you no what to me.What next bumper boats.
All good points made.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by open72
my 2 cents...richie is a excellent driver and throttle man...he has owned some of the fastest boats here in la...he won back at the last sbi race here in his class...

hot pursuit also has alot of experience in fast cats...

alot of boats, alot of power ,small space....

i belive there was a issue with a water hose and it's quite possible that in the blink of a eye to look at gauges and see it fluctuate is going to give the throttle man a reason to pull back on the sticks..split second reaction is all it takes...bam..someone else is at your spot...

wish richie the best , if anyone should be on the course running the newest humpback ,it's him....

if i am wrong ,please correct me....
Thanks I agree who knows maybe a Prince-Nunez team in the working.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt of commented if the remarks were thought out before expressed..
very hard to understand this post, are you saying that you would not have commented if you thought before you expressed them.

As a disclaimer I am neither a racer or an English teacher
Old 03-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

we run with a 50 foot rule in other words once you get 50 feet on your competitor you can take the lane keep in mind with scl which mostly are 38 or 39 feet long that is only a little over a boat length ( and yes you will get hosed) you do not have to hold your lane ( we have raced under sbi rules and they say you have to hold your lane in a turn not the straight) OSS is very good about calling fouls we personally have been called and while cleared they presented both chopper footage and the guy that protested us had on board camera and they looked at that I was able to see it also and in fact cleared us) .
I does suck to get a bad start you really end up in the soup
In no way whatsoever can you make a comparison to a poker run in a race you must run on the edge in a poker run no one should be anywhere near the edge( that is what racing is for)
Larry wild ride #51

Quick Reply: OSS What happened on the SCL start ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.