Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
OSS What happened on the SCL start ??? >

OSS What happened on the SCL start ???

Notices

OSS What happened on the SCL start ???

Old 03-30-2007, 12:25 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The racers were told that the corse is.narrow there.They would let them run on the wrong side just on the first lap only, that the turn was too narrow for 7 boats wide . Looks like form the picks they turned in front of them as to not go on the wrong side of the channel marker/turn marker, maybe they didnt know they had permission to go on the other side ? Dont the rules say 50 foot before you can cross over? The picks are the start of the race ,HotPursuit the pick that was before the first one you posted has the pace boat still in the pick.

Looks like they saw sky for a while I bet Randy was pizzed

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
Thanks I agree who knows maybe a Prince-Nunez team in the working.
you 2 are cat runners with years of high speed seat time....
Old 03-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everybody play nice. The lanes were very thin and we faced on-coming traffic. The start was more difficult as thus. The rule reads 50 ft. clearence before lane change. 50 feet is not much when you are following or throwing a 200 ft rooster. We could cross center marker only on first laps. I should have stayed on the left side of 19 and I knew it when I "snuck" around it. Not much good to sneak when you are directly under referree viewing/scoring position. Starts are adreneline pumping and usually you focus on whats ahead and in your pheriphial vission. Also it is common to get pushed over by someone who is slightly ahead and you tend to search for clean water so you won't get hosed too. Richie and Mike both did excellent jobs and I am sure they will both be on the podium soon if not in the next battle.

sw

Last edited by Popeyes; 03-30-2007 at 07:25 AM.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

With a 4 mile straight away before the first turn you can't really hold lanes that far.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for posting the rules. the pics were worthless without knowing the rules. So a boat length plus 10ft is definatly gonna put you in a roostertail!!! Cant look at that, just whether there's 50ft between them. Looks good (based on the first pic). Sorry boys but that's just racing!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Registered

I have to say that the Biloxi race had incredible racing in every class. It was great to see Stan and Stancombe battle it out for a solid 10 laps and that goes for just about every class.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:02 AM

Being that I don't know "Diddley" bout the rules, I will only say, "Great weekend of boat racing". Thanks to all you drivers & the teams. I know it was enjoyed by alot of folks on the coast, & we do hope you'll be back next year.
But I do have to ask 1 stupid question....Was the Budweiser boat the only one in that class? Dam that boat is fast....
Again...Thanks
Old 03-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

yes bud ran unopposed ,and damn he was fast its cool watching that boat run at speed I never get tired of seeing it ( and we see it alot)
Larry wild ride #51
Old 03-30-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by Smiklos
I really do not think anyone here wants to go through a discussion of what would happen if a boat flipped on that course. I do have access to a computer model we could work with for predicting water penetration during a flips at various speeds.
Steve
Steve, maybe you should spend sometime studying the marathon couse and water depths and oh yea lets not forget the bridge pilings! I think it was muscle that could barely get there canopy open since it was sticking in the sand! I remember racing there and I thought about throwing my clam rake in the boat. Stop the bs and race somebody!

Last edited by vinny kostelac; 03-30-2007 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Registered

Talking

Since it is five to one I would suggest showing up where there are people to race is a start. If you are happy living in the past enjoy. The point was since you are so concerned about safety start where you race, I would be happy to wade around the marathon course with you. Don't you think it is time to stop the BS and race? That is the moral to this story.

Quick Reply: OSS What happened on the SCL start ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.