Notices

Svl

Old 12-31-2007, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Svl

We are having our SVL group conference call next week. If anyone racing or interested in racing in SVL in OSS please contact John K. or Wil Ros. We are finalizing our rules for the 08 season and would like to listen to any future SVL racers that have questions about our class. Your input may help SVL grow. You may already have a boat or interested in racing in SVL in the future. No ideas or questions are bad one's. It should be a good year with some new teams. Team Octane has a year under there belt and Team Screaming Eagles have sold there boat to another team. Brad Johnson has purchased the Doc's boat (Extreem) and should be a force this year! New teams with new talent makes for some great racing.
MD
Old 12-31-2007, 06:44 PM
Registered

Just thinking out loud, What do you all think about a single file start with the lead boat as the last race, last place boat? For any boats that are faster or just plain better teams you now have to work your way threw the field of boats in front of you. It makes for more exciting racing and makes boats work for the pass. It should be better for the fans. I also like the short course format like we did in Destin for our class. More turns,less distance per lap and in the fans face for the whole race! I love turn one with deck to deck racing with 4-5 teams there at the same time. The problem is you just shot your nut in the first 1/4 lap of the race. I want that same intensity for most of the race, something has to change. For any of you that have had the privilege of racing you all know how hard it is to pass. My guess is if you start in the back you really have your work cut out to finish up front and if you do it would be one great show. Any other ideas besides the old figure eight course?
MD
Old 12-31-2007, 06:47 PM
Registered

What about re- grouping the fleet after 1/2 the race?
MD
Old 12-31-2007, 06:56 PM
Registered

What about using some of our prize money as entry fee money? SVL should be the biggest class if we do this right. Least expensive class for spec class racing. Safest class. Super hard charging teams. Best bang for the buck. Most return on investment hands down. And biggest payout if we get the rest of the teams in SVL to run. Its time to get this thing cranked up!!!!!
MD
Old 12-31-2007, 07:33 PM
Registered

1 Typhoon
2 Wild Ride
3 Imco
4 Wild Card
5 Brad Johnson
6 Home Town Morg.
7 Mini Me
8 Lavy Craft
9 ex Sreaming Eagle
10 Simply Awsome
11 Octane
12 Vortec
13 Bad Boys
14 In Motion
I'm sure I missed a few.
I could only imagine, can you? Talk about a bad a$$ race.

What are the Odds of getting at least 10 of you guys at 3-4 races together? Is it something we should try and talk about? maybe we cant make all the races together but shouldnt we try and make 3-4 really great races together. Pick which ones you could make and lets talk next week on a conference call!
MD
Old 12-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good thinkin Randy!! What about all the SVL boats running in all the different clubs with the same rules & all points being able to transfer? The start your suggesting would be a great visual for the fans....
Old 01-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered

There are only a few boats that dont fit the OSS rules and If they really wanted to race in a spec OSS class they would change there set up. The only difference in rules was the motor and OSS SVL grandfathered in the boats that had them last year and they still didnt race. Maybe they can be grandfathered in again. Its worth talking about on the conference call if thats what the registered teams want. I personally like the idea of one motor that can be tecked really easily and sealed at the factory. The Vortec is a great motor but just adds another variable I dont want to test. I have been fighting for one gear ratio as well but have not been successful yet.
MD
Old 01-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Registered

What is Bob Mazakowski up too? Bob are you out there? Do you want in this year?
MD
Old 01-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

1. I think two by two starts with the starting grid the reverse order of the national points standings, keeps points race tight and makes for some fun racing not make or break it at turn one.
2. If approved we will work out a formula to reduce or eliminate entry fees, smaller prize purse but all can race for less or free.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Registered

Last chance. Tonight is the call if you are interested please pm Kostalac.
MD

Quick Reply: Svl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.