Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
What's new for Kenner? >

What's new for Kenner?

Notices

What's new for Kenner?

Old 07-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's new for Kenner?

Well, there's a couple of things new for Kenner. This will be a very interesting race site. It's self contained and you will be able to watch the races from Race Village. It really is an ideal set up for racers and spectators.

If you want to party, this will be the place!

Please send and email NOW to Charli Womac. She can be reached at [email protected]. Please let Charli know how many people will be attending the Big Bash from your team. She'll make sure your tickets are waiting for you at registration.

NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can now download the race packet for Kenner at
http://www.offshoresuperseries.com/racers.cfm If you really want to help out, you can download all of the forms and bring them to registration all filled out or fax them in to us now.

We agreed with the race producer to turn this into two days of racing. So you'll see the schedule below, there's three hours of testing broken up by the SVL race. We'll make sure that SVLs that want to test get in the water at 11am. We'll also have TV crews shooting before the SVL race - personality stuff and of course they will film the SVL race.

11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Insured testing with medical and rescue coverage.
2 p.m. Tribute to Al Copeland and the singing of national anthem by Grammy-Award winning artist Irma Thomas.
2 p.m. OSS Vee Lite race begins
3:30 p.m. Final Practice Session begins
4 p.m. Final Practice Session ends
7 p.m. – 9 p.m. Racers party – Smitty’s After Hours, 2020 West Esplanade Ave., Kenner. Attendance is mandatory. Thanks to Richie Prince for setting up this event!

SUNDAY, AUGUST 3
10 a.m. – 6 p.m.Laketown Park open to public.
Noon Tribute to Al Copeland, followed by the singing of national anthem by representative from Louisiana Air National Guard, with an F-15 fly-over from Louisiana Air National Guard
Noon First race begins
2.m. Second race begins
3 p.m. Second race ends
7 p.m. Awards ceremony – Radisson

We also have a new TV deal. Apparently Fountain had to back out of the Fox deal and that left us without a network. We just completed a deal with www.wealthTV.com to be on their High Definition channel starting with the Kenner Race. They don't have the same reach as Fox, but they will make two 30 minute shows per race, featuring the personalities and racing of OSS, all in HD. Martin, Charlie and Lyndsay will continue as the commentators for the show. We are excited about this new venture and look forward to having our own show back on the air.

This new network wants to put a fresh spin on Offshore racing. Please consider putting one of Freeze Frame's onboard cameras in your boat as this new group wants to use that type of footage.

See ya in Kenner....next week!
Ron
Old 07-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks for the info

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
thanks for the info

ditto. Looking forward to the races.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Ron what radio station will the race be on????

Old 07-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I'm not sure if a station will carry the broadcast live. www.talkoffshore.com will be broadcasting in the pits and over the internet. Also this race will be our first filmed in 1080i HD!!!

Strip, please say hello this time!!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ron P
I'm not sure if a station will carry the broadcast live. www.talkoffshore.com will be broadcasting in the pits and over the internet. Also this race will be our first filmed in 1080i HD!!!

Strip, please say hello this time!!
Ron its more fun taking picks of you and the modelsI like being invisible

We'll be in the pits Friday and Sat morn, bringing the Hustler down to watch the race from.I'll holler at ya Fri.I hope they make this a yearly venue!!

I would figure Talkoffshore would broadcast on a am station?

Rob

Old 07-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

The talkoffshore show sometimes also get broadcast by local FM stations too......
Old 07-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

The Copeland family wants to make sure that your visit to "Their House" goes as smoothly as possible and they want to make sure that you can enjoy the Big Bash on Friday night. In order to achieve those goals, the Copeland family has hired limo buses to transport the racers, their teams and families back and forth from the Radisson to the Landmark Hotel on Friday evening. Two buses will arrive at the Radisson starting at 6:30 p.m. on Friday evening to begin the shuttle service to the Landmark. The buses will run continuously between the two locations until midnight.

Each Race Team will receive 8 BIG BASH tickets at no charge at OSS Registration.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:10 AM
Registered

RON, IT'S SAL CIMINO, WHERE AND WHOM DID I HOOK UP WITH TO GET WHAT I NEED TO VOLUNTEER.. I'AM AREADY PICKED TO WORK, BUT I NEED A CON TACT.. ciminojf@ bellsouth.net thanks, SAL ( kenner, la.)
Old 07-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hey Sal, I thought you spoke to the producers a long time ago.

I emailed you my cell phone number. Give me a ring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.