Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
2008 OSS  Offshore Worlds Cancelled. >

2008 OSS Offshore Worlds Cancelled.

Notices

2008 OSS Offshore Worlds Cancelled.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete thats the problem....

There is going to be a unified Worlds this year....because a few don't like the way things are....thats not our problem...and a few teams don't dictate if the Worlds are Unified or not....

Like Bruce said, you want to play you have to pay....
Just like these same teams did in the 90's and early 2000's.....they had no probelm back then....just who the money is going to now.....

I hope we don't loose you...you have been a great help taking pictures and taking the time posting and spending your own money to get to these races...but all we can do is show up to races and race....and hope to have put on a show for the fans....
Thats all we can do.....

Last edited by MANITIE; 09-16-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MANITIE
AB....and I think we all want what you speak of.....but it is going to be very hard to get everyone to race together during the year....to many Orgs not enough racers....

But don't you think Key West would be a great start....I'm only responding to you post about OSS approaching the Conch and they said no....like Smitty said....its kinda going behind JC back...and I don't see how you can barry the hatchet when you go behind the promoters back.....and when other Orgs see this....don't you think they may also be thinking...well they did it to SBI/APBA....they may also do it to us.....

We all want the big boat count....during the whole racing season and at the Worlds....but we need to take some steps and maybe start at this years Worlds....don't you think.....
I just read that the Chattanooga race is being cancelled and then I read that the OSS Worlds is cancelled. These are signs of the times, money is tight and travel is down. When I read about OSS and the Conch Republic, I said to myself, if there was ever a time for some kind of Unity it was now. It could be the Conch Republic, OPA, APBA or SBI in this position next time and it would be great to have someone open the door and say come on in, we will all whether this together and crack open a bottle. First I like to say that I don't know how I went behind JC back as I don't even know who JC is and I sincerely mean that. I don't know **** about the fee's etc. but I know what I have seen over the years in Offshore Powerboat Racing and know that there is much more potential for this sport. Key West is the only Worlds and a great race site for all the org's to race at and that is why it has the big boat count. If I unknowingly went behind JC back, I apologize, I didn't mean to do that and still don't know how I did that but so be it. I was just stating how I felt about the OSS news. There is nothing more that I want to see, then everyone racing together as a brotherhood. Talk is good and one day all will be forgotten by most and the sport will go to the next level.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,714 Likes on 3,786 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
Pete, i dont know you .

But wy would you lose intrest, isn't that what you make money with ?!

Most of you post just dont make any sence at all.
Hope i meet you in KW and we can have a beer toghether.
SIE müssen sie auf Englisch lesen

Ich kann nur ein Boot schießen, das sich so vielmals rennt, wenn Sie nur sich rennen, wie lang, bevor es alt wird?
Old 09-16-2008, 03:42 PM
VIP Member

Too much to read.

The only input I have here is simple. For me to run one OPA race for one day is close to 100,000.00. So run the worlds for a week. 3 days of racing, two days of testing. 5 times the expense, from medical to helo's, to insurance etc. Anyone that thinks SBI is cashing up is a little confused. Is he making some money? I hope so. I he knocking them dead. Please.....Look at it this way. I live in NJ. If I want to go to a Giant game for 200 I can get tickets anywhere. If I want to go to the Super Bowl, minimum 10k. KW is the super bowl. Some can afford to go, some cant. But it doesn't change a thing. I'll bet the budget for KW is around 500k. Too rich for me to take on. Thank you John and SBI for giving us the Worlds. I will be there. I hope many others will find their way there as well. Smitty
Old 09-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Registered

AB...... I think what was ment to be said is not you going behind JC's back..but OSS..sorry you did not see that...

As far as next year....I think its up to the Orgs to see who wants to do what....but instead of pointing fingures....
If one or all the other Orgs want nothing to do with a Org....then so be it....there must be a reason why? and personlly.....its none of my business....I go out and race....every Org has its own schedule and sites...there is now 5 Orgs....do the math...but every Org seems to be happy what they have...

But we are racers....and we support the Org or Orgs that we feel is the best for our teams and the sport...Every org has it vision....but things have been quiet over the last few years and racers are doing there thing...Things will play out and will all have to see what happends....

Smitty...well said.....I think to many racers and supporters have no idea what it really takes to put on a race...

Last edited by MANITIE; 09-16-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Banned

Well after five years ,things look pretty good . From these pages the past few weeks it seems ,The majority of race teams ,will be here attending Key West .Next year maybe ya'll will condense even more

POPRA in the west ,OPA in the north ,and SBI in the south . Then at years end . back here in good ole Key West to hash out which of the three brings home the most trophy's . Good Job Guys .
Old 09-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by backto'03?
Well after five years ,things look pretty good . From these pages the past few weeks it seems ,The majority of race teams ,will be here attending Key West .Next year maybe ya'll will condense even more

POPRA in the west ,OPA in the north ,and SBI in the south . Then at years end . back here in good ole Key West to hash out which of the three brings home the most trophy's . Good Job Guys .
oh boy.....looks like Klaatu is back
Old 09-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
oh boy.....looks like Klaatu is back
You know you love me

Don't worry ,I usually only last a couple days .

I hope you bring your'e boat . I'll help you get in LOL
Old 09-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Registered

the only thing im bringin is a bar stool and a beach chair
Old 09-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A couple of thoughts.........

Ike could have easily taken out the worlds in Key West and the racers could have been looking to OSS for a little fee relief at a race. Would they have cooperated if big John had come calling? I have no idea.

The 2009 advance fees can be looked at as a security deposit. It allows a sanctioning body to prove that they have racing teams committed when trying to secure future race sites (credibility).

Last edited by Phantom1; 09-16-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 OSS Offshore Worlds Cancelled.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.