Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
OSS OSSC850 & OSSCL results >

OSS OSSC850 & OSSCL results

Notices

OSS OSSC850 & OSSCL results

Old 09-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Stu
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cantoon
i know there proffesional drivers but what would happen if a blade broke on the props that close to people.
You know, when I was standing on the dock and Jimmy was coming by, I was reminded of all the racing fans that have been struck by broken blades in the past. I ran back and hid under the cocktail table of the Carver in the slip behind us just knowing it would protect me.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Registered

Great race to all the 850 boats. It was way to intense sitting on the dock trying to talk to Bryan and Dennis on the radio through the entire race. It was a an awesome show for the fans and Congrats to team Fury for the fist place finish. I know that the whole D&M team had a blast and I want to thank Bryan for all the hard work and trust he put into our team. I hope to see everyone in the near future.

Jeff Kinney
Crew Chief
D&M Motorsports
Old 10-01-2008, 06:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu
You know, when I was standing on the dock and Jimmy was coming by, I was reminded of all the racing fans that have been struck by broken blades in the past. I ran back and hid under the cocktail table of the Carver in the slip behind us just knowing it would protect me.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 10-02-2008, 01:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SpecialFX
This is how we saw it. Team Fury 88.

Seven Supercats took the start on a very tight LOTO race course. We were right in the middle with three boats on either side, the start lap was going to be very HOT!

The green flag dropped and CRC immediately shot past the fleet, obviously they got a run on the rest of us. CRC coming from Lane 5 immediately started squeezing the lanes to get to the first pin.

Half mile to the pin, Shocker was squeezed back as WHM pushed from Lane 1 to the outside forcing Ron Ripple to push on us. We were maybe a 1/2 a boat length back of Ron Ripple, and WHM with CRC still squeezing in front. Ray wanted to stay in the middle and hold our line to the pin. I decided to get out and crossed over CRC's wash.... not a good idea... I thought as we kited over to CRC's right... we had a good view from up there! Sorry about that D&M and Talk-N-Trash.

We made the turn in fourth but we avoided the carnage, as CRC hooked in the turn taking out a turn bouy, causing WHM to kite and almost flip.. Ron Ripple escaped and we were alongside WHM in second with D&M, Talk-N-Trash and Shocker behind. CRC was done with the turn bouy wrapped around their drives.

By the second lap, WHM had eased in front of us and we were Chasing Ron Ripple.

Turn 5... slight Right turn at 135 plus MPH... not a nice turn... Ron Ripple spins out in a huge wash of water just in front of us, they look OK and at least they are right side up.

This brings out the double Yellow so they can clear the wreck. Now The 850 boats and the Cat Lite boats are together with the Cat Lites in front...Two laps of turmoil..then a restart. Every one was jostling for a better position, even though we should be lined up single file. I kept the inside line and tried to stay in clean water.. no one was getting inside of us.

The restart... with 4 Cat Lites throwing their roosters back into the 850 boats... we couldn't see a thing for what seemed like minutes, and just prayed we did run over anyone. It took almost two laps to work our way through the Cat lites following WHM just in front of us.

Lap 5...we took the lead from WHM coming off turn 3, and once we got clean water opened the gap every lap.

We took advantage of some luck this race and we ended up with the win we had promised to produce this year.

LOTO was a great event and the D&M and Talk-N-Trash Teams added huge excitment. Glad to meet you both and hope we meet again.

Thanks Horny Toad and all the OSS staff for a great weekend.

Now we head to Key West!!!!!!
Hey Guy it was nice to meet you & great racing you. I remember the start and if I got pushed out any further I was in the spectators. That kind of start gives a thrill that is second to none. you & Ray ran flawless & earned that win but don't count us out we're just gonna do more homework & more testing and sooner or later gonna whoop some 850 a$$ see ya in biloxi or are ya coming to KW
Old 10-02-2008, 02:51 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu
you think they were spinning in, i think. so it would have fallen down anyways
Old 10-02-2008, 05:06 AM
Registered

Hey Garbageman, we'll be in Key West!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GARBAGEMAN
Hey Guy it was nice to meet you & great racing you. I remember the start and if I got pushed out any further I was in the spectators. That kind of start gives a thrill that is second to none. you & Ray ran flawless & earned that win but don't count us out we're just gonna do more homework & more testing and sooner or later gonna whoop some 850 a$$ see ya in biloxi or are ya coming to KW
That course was very tight I don't think we could hav put another boat out there in the start, but exciting in was for sure!

Bryan Haupt
D & M Motorsports
Old 10-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
You forgot the most important part Guy!

sorry about the champagne on the trophy
nice

Last edited by CROWN MAN; 10-02-2008 at 09:54 AM.