Notices

Heat Racing

Old 03-31-2009, 11:56 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat Racing

How did everyone like the Heat Racing format?

From a racers perspective and a fan perspective.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Much better. And the teams have a better oportunity to make up their mistakes in the second heat.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

We Love It ! Great Continuous Racing For The Fans Too!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is not to love about 6 hours of Offshore Racing!!!!!!!!!!

Julie
Old 03-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Registered

There were far less people in the crowd for finish of second race. Maybe try having Unlimited Class run main event at full length after heat format for all other classes.
Great event! Had a great time.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:31 PM
JBS
Registered

JBS heat racing in Biloxi

Wow! What a race! We had so much fun in Biloxi.Im so proud of my team-everyone pitched in and pulled off an amazing win.The boat was a ballistic missle and even though my life expectancy while driving was low it was one of the funnest things Ive ever done and would continue to do it all day long if I could.I liked the heat racing until we almost couldnt restart one of the turbines.It was fun.The crowd looked bigger durring the first race though.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:51 PM
Registered

JBS took the words right out of my mouth. The balcony where I was cleared out after the first heat. I believe the novice racing fans thought the racing was done for the day.

I think the schedule needs to be a little more informative in regards of the times of the races, when the classes race and
a time frame of when the heats take place. I could be wrong but I think the schedlue doesn't even mention a second heat.
I think it just has generic phrases " racing 12:00 to 5:00. Clearly the second heat races went way past 5:00. Ball park them at best.

As a fan the heats make the races way more interesting.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS Crew
There were far less people in the crowd for finish of second race. Maybe try having Unlimited Class run main event at full length after heat format for all other classes.
Great event! Had a great time.
I was on beau rivage deck and I think the broadcast that was going over the sound systems there might have had something to do with that(I guess it was the talk offshore broadcast). It was hard to hear eactly, but they kept saying something about it being the last race long before it was all over. I think they may have been going off the air and saying it was the last race they were broadcasting but I think a lot of people thought it was all over with. If I didn't have the VHF radio with me I probably would have thought the same thing.

http://www.performance-images.com/Powerboats
Old 03-31-2009, 02:49 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

We ran the first four races, then had to open the harbor for a half hour Coast Guard break, so I could see how people would think it was over, unless they could hear a broadcaster.

Yes, Talkoffshore when off the air at 5pm. It's on the web site now for full rebroadcast.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:50 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Nice going JBS!!!
Attached Thumbnails Heat Racing-jbs-flag.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.