Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
JBS crushes Geico in Biloxi >

JBS crushes Geico in Biloxi

Notices

JBS crushes Geico in Biloxi

Old 04-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the overall time difference was under 15 seconds between your first race win and their second race win ? Nice win and all but "absolutely slaughter" ??? By the way boat and truck are awesome ! Nice win & good luck all season. Mike
Old 04-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ricochet myk
I thought the overall time difference was under 15 seconds between your first race win and their second race win ? Nice win and all but "absolutely slaughter" ??? By the way boat and truck are awesome ! Nice win & good luck all season. Mike
JBS forgot to mention.....They ran part of the second race on one turbine...Oh yea, they still won!

Great race Guys!! Congratulations!

Dave
Old 04-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Registered

Each team won one heat. JBS had best combined time by approximately 3 seconds. Congratulations, Jeff,Joey, and crew. We are really happy you decided to race this year. It was great seeing your operation in Biloxi and look forward to seeing you WIN throughout the coming year.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by purrfection
Each team won one heat. JBS had best combined time by approximately 3 seconds. Congratulations, Jeff,Joey, and crew. We are really happy you decided to race this year. It was great seeing your operation in Biloxi and look forward to seeing you WIN throughout the coming year.
Sounds like a dominating performance

Congrats on the win though...it should be a great year in offshore racing!!
Old 04-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JBS
JBS racing absolutely slaughtered The gecko in Biloxi.The mystic was a ballistic missle running over 190 mph.It was an awesome race-we had so much fun!We ccant wait to return next year to continue the domination.
Wow! I have tremendous respect for how you raced the boat and the skill level you and your partner must have to compete at this level.

That said what a immature public display of unprofessional banter.

What Haggin and Geico have brought to the sport is arguably unmatched. Why show disrespect to national sponsored teams?

Public forums need not be used for this type of arm flexing.

Dan Lawrence
Old 04-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Registered

could have not said it better
Old 04-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dan lawrence
Wow! I have tremendous respect for how you raced the boat and the skill level you and your partner must have to compete at this level.

That said what a immature public display of unprofessional banter.

What Haggin and Geico have brought to the sport is arguably unmatched. Why show disrespect to national sponsored teams?

Public forums need not be used for this type of arm flexing.

Dan Lawrence
I think that some people read WAY to much into posts here on OSO. I also have great respect for ALL racers who compete at any level. I don't think you were at this race...were you? If so, you would have seen that JBS had a considerable lead in both heats until their mechanical problems arose. They sustained the lead over Geico long enough to get the win. A feat that no other (turbine) team has been able to do. No disrespect to either team is intended, they are all GREAT competitors.

If you think the boys over at Haggin's camp are going to lay down....Think again. They needed the competiton and now let the fun begin.

I think it's great to see these two go at it. It's GREAT racing at those speeds. It would be even better if Aqua-Mania would step up to the plate and make it 3!

Just my $.02

Dave
Old 04-02-2009, 05:29 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dan lawrence
what a immature public display of unprofessional banter.
Dan - Not to dispute you because I feel the same way but I'm sure these guys were just expressing their exhuberation after a very impressive win - no different than Marc Granet's quote to Powerboat Magazine of "domination" after Sunday's race in Key West last November. Hell, I wanted to make a similar post after lapping Geico on Sunday of the 2007 World's in Key West but thought it best to just let it go because as they say - "On Any Given Day" ...
Dave
Old 04-02-2009, 06:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by axapowell
...and now let the fun begin.
I think it's great to see these two go at it. It's GREAT racing at those speeds.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JBS
JBS racing absolutely slaughtered The gecko in Biloxi.The mystic was a ballistic missle running over 190 mph.It was an awesome race-we had so much fun!We ccant wait to return next year to continue the domination.
So does this mean after one race/win you guys dominate? Wow I should take on racing my Cig, spanking you guys and crown myself Master of The Universe!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.