Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
OSS coming back to LOTO in 2013??? >

OSS coming back to LOTO in 2013???

Notices

OSS coming back to LOTO in 2013???

Old 02-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Looks like the plans are moving along nicely for the race.
www.lakerace.com
Old 02-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Got some good news today. Great work LOTO staff. Cant wait to tear up your water in June!!!!!!!
MD
Old 02-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

What is the closest airport to fly into?
Old 02-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully, I can answer some of the questions...in a positive way. We are having a race the weekend of June 7-9 2013. It is a Lake of the Ozarks Invitional......The race is called....The Mountain Dew / Formula Boats presents Lake Race 2013. We have sub-contracted OSS Staff and Safety to Manage the event for us. By doing this, we are able to shake some things up a little different and hopefully reboot our sport. This is a constantly evolving project and very exciting. The main event will be a extreme class, kinda like run what what you brung and hopefully you brung enough. We are still working on the details of that class.....but plain and simple right now if you have a Cat or Vee with a canopy and piston power....your in competing for a 40,000 dollar purse....just for that class. With No Entry or Boat Registration fee. That pays back 5 places. We also are having Live Tv with 3-4 hours on Sat. and 5 hours on Sun. It will be a live feed on a local channel that covers the Lake area and Springfield and Branson areas. I was told a coverage of two million viewers, it also will be a live internet feed for viewing.

We also will be promoting the Pro-am Classes or Break out class which ever you prefer. We also have the SVL class that Lance Sutton has been willing to coordinate and he has secured a cash prize purse for that class. I have been working with a company to secure a cash prize purse for the Outboard class. My ultimate goal... is secure cash prizes for all the classes....I do not know if it will be successful, but I'm trying, you will have trophies for sure and Tv time. Having that many hours of Tv to fill, they will be doing alot of interviews.
Just to give you a little insight, We at LOTO, OSS and Playcraft Pontoons are working on putting the first tritoon exhibition race on. those details are also being worked on as we type. Looks like the class will be 25' to 28' class with a single outboard....with max hp at 350...we might see speeds at 60mph and we think it will be a crowd pleaser also.

I also would like to say....That the Lake of the Ozarks community believe in the racers and support the racers, they also believe in....putting on the best show they can for the spectators. It has been alot of work and there will be alot more. This is a Open Invite to all Racers and Spectators.... We look forward to seeing you. www.lakerace.com or Like our facebook page... Lake Race

Last edited by SUPERCATBOATS; 02-26-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

It will be yet another great weekend at Lake of the Ozarks. Kudos for all of the work that you guys have put in on this event!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:15 AM
Registered

Where are people staying at?
Old 03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SUPERCATBOATS
Looks like the class will be 25' to 28' class with a single outboard....with max hp at 350.
Seems like a bit of an odd class off-hand. most single o/b are 21-24, I would think the few 25-28 o/b that exist would all be twins.

Is OSS providing raceteams or just support? Curious what organization of racers will be racing? OPA, SBI, etc

Sounds like a fantastic time, great job in getting this setup.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Seems like a bit of an odd class off-hand. most single o/b are 21-24, I would think the few 25-28 o/b that exist would all be twins.

Is OSS providing raceteams or just support? Curious what organization of racers will be racing? OPA, SBI, etc

Sounds like a fantastic time, great job in getting this setup.
The single OB class is the Pontoon Boat Class.....

The OSS management is running the Event with there staff, safety team, and rule book.

Boats from ANY organization are invited, there are NO FEES to run this event, no registration or entry fees. Every team gets a free hotel room as well.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Registered

TUG IT SVL will be there!! Talked to everybody last night and it sounds like we're all in. Looking forward to our 1st race w/ OSS, and especially checking out LOTO for the 1st time... Anybody feel like towing the boat out there?? Had some minor trailer issues on the way to the last OSS race in Biloxi last year! Don't want any repeats of that!!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
The single OB class is the Pontoon Boat Class.....

The OSS management is running the Event with there staff, safety team, and rule book.

Boats from ANY organization are invited, there are NO FEES to run this event, no registration or entry fees. Every team gets a free hotel room as well.
Does this mean that all classes fall under the OSS rule book?.....and if in fact that is the case where can one find the rules?

thanks

Last edited by Bullhead; 04-12-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.