Notices

Vortec Lease???

Old 02-12-2003, 09:34 PM
xtremeracingf1

Doesnt make an sence to me,for 11,000 a year in two year you spend 22,000 and have nothing to show for it.
I rather spend the money and run my engine for two year and sell it for half of what I paid and I'm well ahead of the game.If you buy a new Merc 525 for mid to upper twenties and sell it for 12,00o to 15,000 thousand after two years you are only 13,000 out of pocket.I not sure but the numbers dont lie...

Frank

Old 02-13-2003, 01:42 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're right Frank, the numbers don't lie.
What incentives does Mercury offer as opposed to GM Vortec? Which of those incentives best benifits your wallet? There is a much bigger picture here than just the up-front costs. This may sound trivial, but GM Vortec gave me a couple of shirts showing that I am a member of the GM Vortec Powerteam. Cool shirt for me, and good advertising for GM. Mercury has never given me so much as a ball cap. Besides, when was the last time Mercury offered Factory guys and their families a giant spread of food and drinks, on the house, just to show their appreciation to the teams that race for them?
(Don't feel bad, I don't remember it ever happening either).
I went to a number of those GM Vortec Powerteam "racer appreciation" dinners last season. Maybe it's one of those things you would just have to experience to appreciate.

Last edited by Gordo; 02-13-2003 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Gordo can you take a friend to an appreciation meal? Even if I cant spell.
Randy

Last edited by TYPHOON; 02-13-2003 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What Candy ment to say was:

"Gordo can you take a friend to an appreciation meal? Even if I can't spell ."

Damm Randy, get a spell checker!
Old 02-13-2003, 03:50 PM
Registered

randy,

try www.dictionary.com

gets me out of a bind.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:50 PM
sauron

Frank, What happens if you blow the Merc? All you have to do is buy another. The vortec program has backing at the races and if you have trouble, you switch it out. Plus I doubt if you can buy the Merc for mid to upper 20's. Maybe 30 or better. The 502 Efi's are in the upper 20's. Are you running Daytona? If so see you there. Roger

Old 02-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Rick#29

Originally posted by Gordo
You're right Frank, the numbers don't lie.
What incentives does Mercury offer as opposed to GM Vortec? Which of those incentives best benifits your wallet? There is a much bigger picture here than just the up-front costs. This may sound trivial, but GM Vortec gave me a couple of shirts showing that I am a member of the GM Vortec Powerteam. Cool shirt for me, and good advertising for GM. Mercury has never given me so much as a ball cap. Besides, when was the last time Mercury offered Factory guys and their families a giant spread of food and drinks, on the house, just to show their appreciation to the teams that race for them?
(Don't feel bad, I don't remember it ever happening either).
I went to a number of those GM Vortec Powerteam "racer appreciation" dinners last season. Maybe it's one of those things you would just have to experience to appreciate.
Gordo right, just all the dinners that Vortec gave us last year were great ! If I had to pay for all those partys for my team, I would have had to add another 5 thousand + to my budget just for my team only!The party were great ,you all need to be there to know how much they really spend on backing the Vortec teams.

Old 02-14-2003, 06:52 AM
xtremeracingf1

Gordo,
I guess there is two side to ever coin.Being a dealer I guess Merc does the right thing by me.WE also get Merc Racing hats from them for the team,and they have been great with testing at lakeX at their exspence.I'm not saying that it not a good thing Vortec is tring to do but at $11,000 I'm not sure its worth making the change.Also what scares me is if they try selling them to the the public why would service them with no dealer network.I'm sure they will work that out.

Roger,
I have Two brand new 500's sitting on the floor now you can buy for 19,000 ea.i can get all you want in the mid twentys that engine only.Dont think I'll make Daytona but I think we will be in St.Cloud. Talk to you soon.

Frank
Kool Hand

Old 02-14-2003, 10:04 PM
xtremeracingf1

Going to miami tomorrow looking fowards to checking out the new vortec they say it will be on display.

Frank
koolhand

Old 02-17-2003, 06:09 PM
Registered

To all racers;

Thanks again for your patience regarding the announcement of the Innovation Vortec HP3 8100 race engine lease program. If you want further details on the program you can go to the following announcement on the APBA website:

http://www.apba-offshore.com/news.cf...34&Action=view

This includes many of the details and of course you need to talk to racers who were with the program last year to fully understand the benefits associated with the program. Call Dave Stiff at Innovation Marine in Sarasota, FL.

Quick Reply: Vortec Lease???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.